Scubatoys.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ch0ppersrule:
I do not consider "1" dive a wear and tear damage, but manufacturers do.

No they most certainly do not. While I agree that manufacturing defects happen, an authorized dealer like ScubaToys will accept the return and deal with the manufacturer themselves. LP is NOT an authorized dealer, and has no such recourse. So, instead, they sold you what was probably known to be a defective/used BC and they screwed you. Sorry, but it's true. What happened to you is in no way reasonable, and you really shouldn't rationalize it as "manufacturer policy".

ch0ppersrule:
The holes were the size of hole-punches. We made sure to check the entire BCD on the next purchase we made. I am just trying to warn anyone else who buys equipment online to check everything over not just once, but twice.

Hole punches?!?!? I can't believe you accepted that and still deal with them. I am in awe. What you are describing is a problem with LeisurePro NOT online dealers in general. You got EXTRAORDINARILY screwed. OF COURSE it wasn't wear and tear. It was a defective/damagaed BC from whatever back alley LP gets their stuff from. I can guarantee that no reputable online dealer would ever refuse to take back a BC with hole punch size holse in it, dives or no. Because the customers would never return to them. Well, I guess you go back to LP, but like I said, I think you must be a glutton for punishment. You were basically robbed.

I wouldn't go near LP ever again if I were you, and I'd threaten them with legal action if they didn't refund my BC purchase. They didn't sell you what was described and could have killed you to boot.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Why on earth would you still buy from LP??? Your experience illustrates exactly what a lot of us know. They really really SUCK!

If you had gotten a defective BC from ScubaToys, they *definitely* would have made it right...no worries about the dives on it. I thought LP warranteed everything themselves? Why wouldn't they fix or replace it?

Your warning to the original poster bears no relevance to buying from ScubaToys. All online retailers are not the same. If this guy gets something wrong in his order, ScubaToys will make it right. Between myself and all of my family that buys from them, I can tell you they won't leave you stranded like LP did to you. All online stores are not the same. ScubaToys is, in my experience, the best of the best.

But I *really* can't understand why you would ever buy from LP again when ScubaToys will match all their prices. I would never buy from someone who stiffed me with a busted, grey market BC. Vote with your $$$

Their products aren't all bad and we only buy small things that we don't really need (just want) from them. The majority does come from Scubatoys. We buy our clips and defogger from LeisurePro. If I didn't go back to places that have given me bad service-- I would have to stay home. At some point or another you receive bad service from just about every store/business. I have favorite restaurants that have given me bad service once, but I still like them so I go back. I will never order a BCD online again- don't care who it is from. I would always recommend Scubatoys over LeisurePro and tell anyone what happened, but I am not going to say not to buy from them. You have to make your own choices. I am only saying to KingViper to check his gear carefully. I am not saying Scubatoys won't make it right, I just don't want them to come back and say since the BCD was used they can't do anything. Our LDS said LP was right and they would not have taken it back either.
Melissa

Then your LDS sucks too. Any reputable dealer who sold you a BC with hole punch size holes in it should and would take it back. Your LDS was probably just pissed at you for using LP.

Buy your clips at ScubaToys and use Johnson's Baby shampoo for defog. I can't imagine why, with all the competition for your hard-earned dollar, you would let someone screw you on such a major purchase and continue to give them money. Crazy stuff.

And, FWIW, my mom, dad and my wife ordered BCs from Scubatoys. I would do the same. If you are dealing with honest people like Larry and Joe instead of total crooks like the folks at LP, you won't have problems. They have always taken returns, no questions asked.

I'm still just baffled that you aren't more upset at the loss of money and potential harm LP could have done to you. There's no way they got that BC from the manufacturer in that condition...I guess some folks are just gluttons for punishment.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Then your LDS sucks too. Any reputable dealer who sold you a BC with hole punch size holes in it should and would take it back. Your LDS was probably just pissed at you for using LP.

Buy your clips at ScubaToys and use Johnson's Baby shampoo for defog. I can't imagine why, with all the competition for your hard-earned dollar, you would let someone screw you on such a major purchase and continue to give them money. Crazy stuff.

And, FWIW, my mom, dad and my wife ordered BCs from Scubatoys. I would do the same. If you are dealing with honest people like Larry and Joe instead of total crooks like the folks at LP, you won't have problems. They have always taken returns, no questions asked.

I'm still just baffled that you aren't more upset at the loss of money and potential harm LP could have done to you. There's no way they got that BC from the manufacturer in that condition...I guess some folks are just gluttons for punishment.

Yes, my LDS was pissed (especially since I used to work for them). This happened over a year ago so time has passed and we are over it. Chalk it up to lesson learned. I was ranting and raving for a few months after, but it has been to long to get that upset anymore. We know we got screwed and about 3 months ago is when the hubby just started getting some odds and ends from them. Like I said- we get the majority of stuff from Scubatoys.

Why are you even comparing LP and ScubaToys? Bad service is to be expected at LP. ScubaToys is a reputable PHYSICALLY EXISTING store with an awesome reputation. Please do not confuse the two.

I'm still interested in what you got from Scubatoys!!!!

We all know Scubatoys is great!... I just want to hear about the new stuff!!!!

Back
Top Bottom