ScubaTexasTony & Timeliner Episode II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ScubaTexasTony & Timeliner do the Swamp

Episode II ~

Daingerfield State Park........ 9-6-08

Pretty park.. looks alot like Tyler SP and dives a lot like it too !

Spring feed, 78 degrees on top... slight thermo at 12 feet and it goes Coal Black then too.
There is another thermo at 20 feet that goes to 54 degrees all of a sudden ,,,,,,,,,,
Your Totally Freaking Blind when it hits...............
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeezzzzz us Chriiiiiiiiiist !! Got Dam !!!! Cold blast.

I do some of my very best work in the dark but this was off the charts !

Bad Bad Bad Dark..at night swimming into the drain at the bottom of the Paris Tunnels with my eyes closed.
Dude...... worse then Pat Mayse or Tyler at that hole by the dam ...

And we were only at 29 feet :confused2

I couldn't see my own UK-C8 light pointed at me !! It was funny scary. We were yelling through our regs and laughing like a couple guys who escaped from Terrell ...... I damned near drowned laughing.
I slammed into the bottom once and didn't even know it till I was so sunk into the black muck that I almost couldn't move. The more I moved the more I sunk... sort of like quick sand ( like Pat Mayse )

In that kind of water your vision plays tricks and you start to see stuff in the dark that really isn't there ...... Like things with Huge Eyes & Really Big Teeth
:rofl3:

We did 2 long pretty dives and spent close to 3 hours submerged and much of that was spent blind and we never had to surface to find each other.... not a record but somewhat of a surprise for sure :D

There were some places that were truly magical though and I'd say that a person just coasting along at about 10 feet near the shore where the light is and the fish are could become totally at peace with the world.

I took the spear gun and in the shallows got to take a shot once at a fish that was about the size of my wallet ( small ) It either just totally vaporized when the spear hit it or I missed. ' Didn't see any good size legal fish to spear. Even still, the pistol pony mounted rig works great !

FYI ,,,,,,, your spear gun and compass may not work well together. Mine has only a slight pull on the compass but enough to mess me up. (just one more navigation issue to deal with blind )

We did some treasure hunting under the swim/dive platform and brought up all sorts of cool stuff like masks, swim goggles, snorkles, golf balls , ear rings & sun glasses..... ect. ect. for the kids on top ( they were thrilled )

A couple of true swamp dives......... Stevie Wonder & Hellen Keller in paradise.

Nothing has changed .......

Frank.... a true piece of Heaven in east Texas .... this is Swamp diving at its best it sounds like!!!!!!

You both did in one day what most of us just 'dream' about all year getting a chance to dive.....right up there with Pat Mayse and Tyler's dam area. :D

Spear gun shooting; and even some treasures hunting for the kids ..... dang some guys just live a rough life.

:)

FYI ,,,,,,, your spear gun and compass may not work well together. Mine has only a slight pull on the compass but enough to mess me up. (just one more navigation issue to deal with blind )

Of course you never need to worry about getting lost because everyone tells you where to go. :D

You two were definitely living the dream, though. Hi Tony!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom