Scubatec regulators servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like jim says buy the right stuff first , try to take a deep 6 or hog course reg repair class first it will help in the long run

Actually I was not interested in buying the kit, because I already have almost all the tools in it. They seem to be very ordinary electronics repair tools. I was reviewing the kit just to understand which tools I might need. I have suggested also to get
a manometer
a specific wrench like this one
https://www.amazon.it/KS-Tools-517-1312-Settore-Nasello/dp/B001NYXZZE
a BP / HP ‘pin’ or ‘stud’ (don’t really know the English name of that)

Pin spanner makes damage and doesn't work for dried together threads where
people that don't put enough of the right grease on the threads which is everybody

I put reg body in a soft vice and hit not soft with a soft hammer to crack the verdigris lock
not a mark
this on used other peoples regs I have purchased

Well I've been Scubapro guy all the way through, except when I'm using other stuff
and considered myself a bit of a reg guru, pull em apart clean em up and adjust by ear
just not to close to the ear that's it.

That's the same company there Scubapro-Scubatec

made myself a few proprietary tools

full.jpg

but never could I justify spending the most money one could ever spend on dive stuff
by giving it away willingly to the SP people you see
all my stuff is second hand except the new stuff

now Wolfinger tools are a different kettle completely if I had the need and the money
but with dozens of regs from everywhere brands I've never had the compunction

My life was complete

UNTIL NOW

So I'm plonking around on here last week and I don't go looking for stuff to buy because that's the best way
to spend all that money I don't have but an ad came up so just a look it was to be

SkipDiver
Used Equipment For Sale

So I splurge, buy some tools great price and Skip sends them so I'm happy diver

full.jpg

Now I really have some tools, for the first time in fifty years
never ever contemplated buying a Scubapro hose spanner.

But I think Skip thought postage to Australia was a bit much

so because of the person he is he decided to send me a few extra goodies to compensate

full.jpg

fifty pages of SP manual, hundreds of Orings couple of tubes of O2 grease
and a million other new and used parts to keep me going for the rest of my life
because you don't always need to put new parts in a used reg

So just pull your regulator apart clean it and put it back again like I do

Now this Skip Cox from Long Beach MS is a very genuine guy so go have a look see what stuff he has left

courses schmourses

I would like to do myself the Scubatec regulators servicing
Scubatec is a lesser known Italian company, so abroad it's probably not common to find the official tutorials.
Do you think it's possible to do this using videos and tutorials for other brands and studying carefully how to apply the same techniques to Scubatec regs?

Your best bet is to get the service manual or parts diagram from whoever sold you the regulator. If that is not available:

The second stages look like they are similar to Apeks, so an Apeks tutorial or video should work.

The first stages I don't know. The diaphragm first looks like an Apeks DST so I would think an Apeks DST or HOG video may help you out.

The piston first looks like a Scubapro MK-20/25 but without taking it apart I can't tell.

Do you think, even if I don't really do the servicing, I can already start to open the regs and study how they work without real risks, or it's better to avoid even just opening them?

I would recommend playing with a spare regulator first.

Are tools more or less standard for the several brands and reg types, provided I will need in any case official Scubatec spare parts? If so, which tools would I need?
Thanks

Some are standard and some are special. I think the only special tool you need is a pin or hook spanner for the first stage. Again check the service manual.

hog regs are the same ams your right

Back
Top Bottom