Scubatec regulators servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would like to do myself the Scubatec regulators servicing
Scubatec is a lesser known Italian company, so abroad it's probably not common to find the official tutorials.
Do you think it's possible to do this using videos and tutorials for other brands and studying carefully how to apply the same techniques to Scubatec regs?
Do you think, even if I don't really do the servicing, I can already start to open the regs and study how they work without real risks, or it's better to avoid even just opening them?
Are tools more or less standard for the several brands and reg types, provided I will need in any case official Scubatec spare parts? If so, which tools would I need?
Thanks

They look like various others..... I'd not be overly concerned. Biggest thing is getting the parts (rebuild kits). If that is possible, then it shouldn't be a big deal.

YMMV

Getting the parts is not a problem, I can easily reach both the official retailers and even the factory
I am planning to buy the tools and some crappy broken regs just to make exercise before I service my own regs
What sort of tools will I need? Do you recommend a specific kit?
Thanks

Start by tracking down a service manual, this would tell you what special tools would be needed and possibly a list of all tools. Since I made my living working on electro-mechanical devices, and my cars for fun, I only needed to pick up the propriety tools needed.

I started working on vintage gear with no support till I got on Scubaboard, it's been a bit easier since as there is a lot of good advice here.

Scuba Tools is one of the places to purchase the special tools, it's a matter of finding a similar business in the EU.

Sometimes you can run across a shop tech that will help with information and tips. It could just be I'm persuasive, a good bulls**tter, or they are just showing pity on an old man. I don't care which as long as I can solve a puzzle.

Welcome to the dark side.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom