scubastore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
i had heard about this place but could never log on to the website..i could not believe their prices..pretty low but can anyone tell me about the quality of their drysuits?thanks.

Scubastore is great. They're based in Estartite, Spain, which is considered one of the best, if not the best, diving location in Spain.

I've used them one to get a particular SPG. I called them before hand because I needed it by a certain date. I got it in 4 days. They were great.

Regarding the dry suits, it doesn't look like a good idea to buy online a suit that you have not tried on. Also, you're going to need to get the suit serviced once a year. Keep that in mind whatever and wherever you buy.

These are my $.02

What do you get serviced on a suit every year????
:confused:

salty once bubbled...
What do you get serviced on a suit every year????
:confused:

Valve overhaul and leak test. I guess you don't have to do it. But I like to stay dry :)

snuggle once bubbled...
i had heard about this place but could never log on to the website..i could not believe their prices..pretty low but can anyone tell me about the quality of their drysuits?thanks.

Scubastore is more commonly known as Diveinn (at least in my circles) and they have an excellent reputation for service.

I get fins and masks and stuff from them, and get great deals and fast delivery.

It's my opinion that some things are better bought at the local dive shop, in case of defect (drysuits and regulators at the top of the list), but that decision is different for everybody.

Scubastore and LeisurePro are both very good. I have ordered various equipment and accessories from them both and received items in 4 days or less. Prices are great too. Just be weary of warranties. Sometimes they are with the store and not the manuf.

With regards to the Dry suit, I would now by one unless I tried it on first. The can be dangereous if it doesn't fit properly. You can (although not nice) find the DS that fits you at your local LDS and the buy it from one of the online shops (you didn't hear that from me :rolleyes: ). Dry suits should be fitted, so try one on.

:mean:
DiveOn

MaresMan1 once bubbled...
You can (although not nice) find the DS that fits you at your local LDS and the buy it from one of the online shops (you didn't hear that from me :rolleyes: ). Dry suits should be fitted, so try one on.
Definitely not nice. When I bought my drysuit online, I ordered the two sizes I thought I might be, tried them on, and returned the non-fitting suit for a refund. This way you get to try two different suits, and it only costs you the shipping for the second suit in order to get the right fit.

Scubaroo wrote...
Trying suits on in a diveshop and then going ahead and buying online is very poor form.
Agreed, if you know you won't be doing business with the local shop.

Of course you could always rent a few suits to get a proper feel for your size and what you want. Nothing unethical about that, is there?

metridium once bubbled...
Of course you could always rent a few suits to get a proper feel for your size and what you want. Nothing unethical about that, is there?
Not at all - the shop has received compensation for the information you've gathered by renting the suits. But walking into a shop, being fitted for a suit, and then saying "I'll think about it" before rushing home to order off the web is just wrong.

I agree that taking up time from the LDS to then buy off the web is just wrong. But don't think that the LDS's are going to suddenly disappear just because of internet commerce. Internet commerce currently accounts for only 1.3% of retail sales, and isn't showing a significant growth trend. I have purchased from Dive Inn, Leisure Pro, Diver's Supply, Divers Discount, etc., but I also spend a good chunk of money at a couple of my LDS's.

Back
Top Bottom