Cressi Compact Purge button change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paula Trounce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I have a Cressi Compact that i want to change the purge button cover on.
Has anyone done this and could they tell me how to go about it?
Google isn't helping
Thanks.

Attachments

• cressi-xs-compact-purge-button.jpg
    cressi-xs-compact-purge-button.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 36
  • z_0HX789000_01-e1573527965812.jpg
    z_0HX789000_01-e1573527965812.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 36
1. Cressi calls the grey tab with "Dive" and "Pre Dive" printed on it the "dome lock retainer". At each corner of the rear of the retainer (near the printing)
is a small tab that slides into the body of the regulator. From the rear of the retainer, gently lift up. The tabs should come free from the body.

2. Gently slide the retainer forward until it's free.

3. Gently twist the cover assembly (the piece, which Cressi calls the "dome", in front of the seam) counter-clockwise until you feel it unlock, then pull the entire cover assembly away from the regulator. The counter-clockwise twist should be no more than about 45 degrees.
Cressi Compact cover removal.jpeg

The purge button is just under the dome/cover (ring)—it should be fairly obvious at this point.

Be particularly gentle with the tabs on the retainer—they can break-off if too much force is used. However, even if the tabs break-off, the retainer is still usable, and it should not be an expensive part to replace.

Good luck.

Perfect!
Thank you. I'll let you know how badly it goes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom