Scubapro what??? help me identify these regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im good friends with kenny down at ocean divers in key largo which is only 30 miles away from where i live. he is the one who owns the scubapro museum in key largo. im sure he wouldnt mind explaining everything to me. im afriad though that buisness is very slow and i hear perhaps the worst is coming. i will post actual pictures of the regulator set when i take delivery of it. perhaps my best option is to start shopping for an mk5 to be able to connect the rest of my gear. i'll have to speak with my instructor too. he says he has an mk1 with a low pressure port adaptor on it which i would be highly interested in finding one for myself. glad to be able to share and receive such positive responses. im thankful.

You can find a multi-port converter and stick it on there (like one from a Mk7) but it would look like crap. Get a Mk5 and don't mess up that Mk1. When you go looking for a Mk5, look for one with a heavy yoke and a 5-lp port swivel. Might as well pick up another 109 (or 156) and old SPG while you are at it and you will be all set.

That is a great looking MK-1. I have one in my collection of early 1970’s Scubapro, but it doesn’t look as great as that one.

I actually just recently completed my early 1970’s Scubapro collection: Mk-1 (w109), Mk-2 (w108), Mk-3 (w108), several Mk-5 (w109), Mk-6 (w109), and Mk-7 (w109). They are not all rebuilt, but I will get around to it some day.
I also got a Pilot and an Air-1 that I may try to service someday.

With the issues the old Mk-5 have had with the turret bolt I would almost prefer to dive a Mk-1 with a three port adapter.

Below is a three way adapter. It will give you a straight port for your primary and a port for a BC and octopus if desired. It doesn’t seem like you are going to need a port for a dry suit.

Good luck

Regulator Hose Fitting (3)3/8" Females (1) 3/8" MALE (AA53)

AQUAA53.jpg

You can find a multi-port converter and stick it on there (like one from a Mk7) but it would look like crap. Get a Mk5 and don't mess up that Mk1. When you go looking for a Mk5, look for one with a heavy yoke and a 5-lp port swivel. Might as well pick up another 109 (or 156) and old SPG while you are at it and you will be all set.

I tried it on the Mk-1 and I don't think it looks that bad, but then again, IMHO funtion wins over looks every time. :wink:

I tried it on the Mk-1 and I don't think it looks that bad, but then again, IMHO funtion wins over looks every time. :wink:

God knows I am not one for looks but a Mk5 has to be an easier and better solution. It would be like painting a DeLorean.

God knows I am not one for looks but a Mk5 has to be an easier and better solution. It would be like painting a DeLorean.

Well if you want the cleanest look with a Mk-1... forget the octopus and the LP inflator. Just add an SPG and go diving.

That is the way we used to do it... and sometimes we still do. It is a lot of fun. :D

That is a great looking MK-1. I have one in my collection of early 1970’s Scubapro, but it doesn’t look as great as that one.

I actually just recently completed my early 1970’s Scubapro collection: Mk-1 (w109), Mk-2 (w108), Mk-3 (w108), several Mk-5 (w109), Mk-6 (w109), and Mk-7 (w109). They are not all rebuilt, but I will get around to it some day.
I also got a Pilot and an Air-1 that I may try to service someday.

With the issues the old Mk-5 have had with the turret bolt I would almost prefer to dive a Mk-1 with a three port adapter.

Below is a three way adapter. It will give you a straight port for your primary and a port for a BC and octopus if desired. It doesn’t seem like you are going to need a port for a dry suit.

Good luck

Regulator Hose Fitting (3)3/8" Females (1) 3/8" MALE (AA53)

AQUAA53.jpg

thats perfect! im not trying to collect parts. i want all the old stuff to work with modern gear. i like old regs, just also like my bc and octo.

i will just need to get the yoke changed out to the tougher one and im good to go!

again thank you all.

It's a perfect vintage rig. You don't need no stinkin' power inflator or octo or ... that's the whole point. Imagine ... a single hose with only two hoses!:D

It's a perfect vintage rig. You don't need no stinkin' power inflator or octo or ... that's the whole point. Imagine ... a single hose with only two hoses!:D
  • Breathe in
  • Breathe out
  • Repeat as necessary
  • When the needle gets too low, consider surfacing.
What more could anybody want? :D

Terry

Some Deloreans came from the factory painted and looked much better than that always dirty finger print smudged look of brushed stainless.
As for the port adapter, I wish someone would make a round 4-way swivel. What do you say Luis?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom