ScubaPro Twin Jets REALLY Worth the Money????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iroc

Registered
Reaction score
What do you guys think? My dive shop sells them for 160.00 with lifetime limitd warrenty. please help new diver who doesnt wanna get raped....... Thanks

If they fit, and you like them, then it's a "normal" price ( for my area at least) If you decide you don't like them, or they don't fit properly, it's a bad deal... If you wan't to know how good the price is, give Larry a call at scubatoys.com and ask for a quote. They are very good on prices, especially if you let them know you are a member of Scubaboard.

If you are set on split fins, you might also check out the apollo bio fins as those two seem to be the two most popular (twin jet and bio) ... of course some of us still prefer paddle fins... but we won't get into that right now :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Iroc, another thread re: spring straps you call yourself a twin jet fan. Which is it, fan or newbie looking for advice?

I think when Iroc said "FAN" he/she meant that they appear to be a decent fin and that he/she would consider buying them. No harm done.

I used to own them (Twin Jets) and sold them for regular Jets and love the regular Jets but that shouldn't influence your decision as it was my personal opinion and when it comes to fins, it really is a personal choice. Kidspot's post above is accurate. Basically you won't know until you try them out. Stinks, but true.

Good luck with your purchase and dive safe!

I just sold a pair of twin jets on ebay. I got 132.00 for them in slightly used condition. i would suggest buying them second hand or try to get a deal on them and if you dont like them then resell them on ebay that way you are not going to lose money. word of advise anything scubapro does well on ebay generally. personally i am diving cressi 2000 hf longblades and am loving them

I've never used any split. The Twins are well made & if you like splits you may like them. Their stiffness varies with color, the black ones are stiffest & I think the yellow the softest.

$160 at an authorized dealer is a typical price. Personally, I like old Jet fins just fine & they're cheaper.

Iroc:
What do you guys think? My dive shop sells them for 160.00 with lifetime limitd warrenty. please help new diver who doesnt wanna get raped....... Thanks

According to your profile, you're not yet certified. Personally, I would wait a while before putting down that much coin on expensive fins.

Also, I find your choice of metaphor to be offensive. I'm not sure if it's a violation of the terms of service, but it's certainly in pretty bad taste.

They're worth the money if you really like them, altough if you return the $55 snorkel you bought, but will probably never use (at least diving) after OW cert, the price of the fins wouldn't seem so bad!

Most shops offer a package price for new divers. My LDS, for example, has a bunch of gear for $250. Customers choice of mask, snorkel, fins, boots, gloves & an Akona gear bag. Most of the splits sell for $150 to $180 if bought seperately, so it does save them a fair bit to buy a package.

I am a twin jet fan and own a couple of pairs now.

I believe Larry stated he is no longer a Scubapro dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom