Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the replys, because i will be using these for recreational diving and dont plan on cave diving for a long time i have decided that i will get a pair. However questino now is black or white ? :D

After my couple months old Mares Volo's started to tear up, I've decided to change to something more reliable fin. I've been reading on both Seawing Novas and Hollis F1's and can't decide which one would be better for my uses.

I'm a beginner in diving but I like to get good quality equipment that lasts a long time and are usable in as many situations as possible. So, I'm looking for a good all-around fin that has a bulletproof construction unlike the Volos.

Any thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated.

Jukka

If you're looking for durability/all round usage I would stick to good old jet fins with spring straps or the Hollis F1 as the guys have commented that the seawing aren't powerful enough for doubles n I personally worry about the pivot point on the fin.

The only issue with the jets other than the weight is the size of the foot pocket. If you're larger than a us size 9 you'll have to use the XL version which is HUGE. The large is like a size 7 to 9.5 while the XL is like a 11 to 13 they have awful foot pockets.

The Hollis F1 seems to have a better foot pocket from the reviews n at $99 from leisurepro they should fit your needs fine.

SangP

Any color as long as it is black!

thanks for the replys, because i will be using these for recreational diving and dont plan on cave diving for a long time i have decided that i will get a pair. However questino now is black or white ? :D

White or if you can wait a bit, I'm sure pink will be out. How else can you tell which fins are for rec or tech LOL!

SangP

I've been diving mine for a couple of weeks now. They took a little getting used to. Slower movements generate more power. You can do a frog kick using a slower kick with a good recovery.

I have dove mostly cave and use OMS Slipstream fins. I wanted something for open water as I am doing mostly open water diving lately. I know this sounds lame, but as I am able to do kicks I was not able to do in a cave, I put my feet together to do a dolphin kick. The unusual blades on these fins overlap each other and virtually become a monofin propelling me very smoothly and quickly. Anyone else with this experience/experiment?

Anyway, I like them.

I have a pair of white ones.......I like them!!! They have lots of thrust with little effort. Also the white comes in handy when setting the white balance on my camera!!! Dont have to carry around and extra white slate or laminated piece of paper.

since I'm a fan of darker colours, I got myself a pair of black fins:0) No matter the colour, they do provide thrust. I could easily move deep down the bottom, with little effort. Reccommended to everyone.

After giving it much thought, I got mine a couple of days ago. I was very impressed with the straps. These things are the easiest fins to put on and take off.

Underwater, I agree with those who said that smaller kicks are more efficient. I found myself kicking too hard at first because I was so used to my old Aqualung Blades. They do give a lot of thrust once you get the hang of it. They are very comfortable and it almost feels like I'm not wearing any fins at all. I did not have any problems doing frog kicks, helicopter turns, or even backing up. Perhaps it really depends on the user.

What I did notice was when kneeling on the bottom, I kind of tilted forward because of the fin's positive buoyancy. Just takes a little getting used to. Will chime in again after the weekend when I am able to test it while shooting. So far I am really happy with the purchase. Worth every cent. :)

Was able to use them in really strong current as well as in much calmer waters. I am very much impressed. They cut through current really well with minimal effort. I found myself swimming against the current several times without even tiring myself. With little current, I was easily able to do the usual small adjustments when trying to get close to a shy subject to take a photo. They seem to be a very good compromise of power, maneuverability, and stability. Works for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom