Scubapro Seawing Nova - Performance Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After more than a year using my Seawings I am more than happy to have them.
They are very scratched, and I mean VERY but there are no signs of failure or any part broken.
I can kick any style, and when there is a current I can beat it relatively easy.
I just got the Gorilla and I can't wait to use them in the sea.

After only a couple dives, I couldn't deal with the buoyancy. If u want a pair in new condition, size medium in black, p/m me and I will let you know where to find them very very cheap. I went back to my split fins. But I gave it a good try!! :D

so you're saying you broke them via contact with water? you must kick pretty hard!

There are numerous threads on this and other boards with countless reports of them breaking, and often when relatively new. I would not buy them based on so many failures. I'm not sure if the OP uses the "improved" version 2 or is using version 2. I'd be interested to see how well the newer ones hold up. ScubaPro is aware of the issue hence making the second version with stronger hinges and replacing them without question. While this is good I'd rather not have my fins break while on a live-aboard or in fact any dive where I'd paid money. Reliability in gear is very important to me and these fins have so far not shown to be so. I've tried them and liked them. I'm sure they are fast, until they break that is.

Im going to buy a pair or Nova or Gorillas, any reason they wouldnt be a good Snorkel/Freediving fin also ? I dont want to pack two pairs of fins for traveling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom