Scubapro Scotia Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasonb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there...

I'm now the proud owner of the above wet suit. I did a lot of surfing ( pardon the pun ) and talking to fellow divers before deciding that a semi-dry suit was the best of both worlds for me. It'll keep me dryer and warmer on those cold Irish Sea dives, but I don't have to pay out a lot of money for a Dry Suit, especially as I'm only really diving once a month or so.

Anyhow, I've a real newbie question about the suit. I can see that my gloves and boots will fit over the 'inner' wrist and ankle seals, and under the 'outer' seal. However, I'm not exactly certain about the hood ( it's my first time using a hood that's not attached to a suit ).

To explain it the best I can, the Scotia has a long 'inner' neck seal, and also a bit of a thicker seal around the base of the neck ( if that makes sense ). The obvious way of wearing the hood seems to be the same as for gloves / boots, i.e., I put the hood over the inner seal, and under the outer one.

However, a few websites and people have said something about doubling up the inner seal for it to work properly. I know I'm probably just being stupid, but what exactly does this mean? Do I fold the inner seal in half? Does the hood go completly over both folds, or under one and over the other?

I know I'm not explaining this very well, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom