Scubapro S600 vs. A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mattboy is right. The G250V has a metal barrel. The S555 and S600 have plastic barrels.

Metal regulators are claimed to breath less dry than plastic ones but the g250v n s600 are plastic. The a700 is a metal reg but like the guys have said unless your ice diving or some really cold waters I there is no real need to change unless it's free n you want to try one out.

The g250 is about as reliable n fool proof a 2nd stage as you can get. The fact that Halcyon is putting their brand on it says a lot of how it well it works n fits into the dir philosophy.

The a700 is claimed to breathe better than the s600 but I'm not sure by how much. The only other advantage other than being less dry would be metal regs take wear & tear better than plastic ones.

Just be careful of the barracudas with that bright shinny thing on your mouth :eyebrow:!

SangP

I do all of my diving in South Florida and am trying to decide between these two regs. I think the metal reg looks cooler and if it's even a little less dry of a breather, this would certainly get my attention. That aside, however, does anyone think that it really will draw unwanted attention from barracudas or other sea life because it's so shiny? :confused:

Not the barracudas, but certainly the fellow divers on the boat:D

It's time for my annual regulator servicing, and I have the chance to trade in my Scubapro S600 towards a A700 through my LDS.

Has anybody compared these two? I know the difference in the materials, but other than this, how is the real world comparison between the two?

I own both and both breath great. If you like the retro look go with the A700 if not stay with the S600.

Back gas regs
Stage Regs
Deco Regs

Use S600 all on the above

Use A700 teaching open water classes. A lot of pool and chlorine abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

measure twice and cut once

buy the A700

Hey guys, i know this an old thread, but I have the mk25/s600 and was just searching around checking out what new is available and saw this deal. Can someone tell me why this is selling so cheap? I see this setup for close to $800 other places, but for $575 shipped, I might give it a try...
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SCPM25A70Y.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom