scubapro s600 coloured purge covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c5diver

Contributor
Reaction score
anybody know where i can find a pair of the yellow covers in the US? looks like a nice touch to make a good octo. scubapro makes them, but i can only find uk dealers with them..

Blue, Red & Pink are the standard color kit accessory colors in the US.

PM me and we'll get you some yellow ones!

Last edited:
Easy. Use a very small straight edge screw driver to get the plastic retaining pin out( on the air inlet side). Unscrew the the face plate & push the rubber purge out of the face plate & replace with the new one. Then screw the face plate back on. You'll have to make sure the retaining pin holes match up to get the pin back in.

if you look at the arrows on the scubapro "S" on the purge cover they point down. then the hole for the lock pin lines up. so then it goes face plate, purge cover, thrust washer, keyed washer(flat side up the keys have an tapered edge on one side), diaphram.

I use a piece of something (actually a recycled electronics printed circuit made of epoxy, but it can be anything), about the size of a ruler, measure the distance between 2 openings of the cover, drill 2 holes separated by that distance, screw 2 M3x15 (3mm by 15mm) screws and nuts, and use this as a high-tech custom made precision tool to open the cover:D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom