Scubapro Regulator Maintenance Tool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollander40

Reaction score
The item in the attached picture is allegedly a "Scubapro Regulator Maintenance Tool". Can someone authoritatively verify that it is and if yes, what SP regs is it designed for?

Many thanks for the help.

I wouldn't bet my left eye on it but I believe it's an authentic SP tool based on the logo and the various things it looks like it can do. We had one in the shop where I worked that look pretty similar but the one in your picture looks more diverse. It looks like it can fit all the litte holes in the different regs for disassembly and reassembly without putting it in a vice and scratching your reg.....like I"ve had to do since not having a tool like that.

Sure looks authentic. I have seen them on e-bay for about $100.00. Cheaper alternative at link: http://scubatools.com/Scubapro.html.

Unless you just have to have the "professional" tool, I have fould it pretty easy to service all my SP regs with fairly standard tools and a few improvisations.

Sorry, duplicate post.

It's the latest and greatest scubapro multi tool. Scubapro has released 2 later varianst fo the multitool since the peterbuilt version and both generally do a lot more than the peterbuilt multitool.

But they are by no means cheap. They are basically designed to work with the current SP regs (Mk 2, Mk 16/18 Mk 25, R190,R390,G250 HP, S550, S600 and Air 2)

It also is not the ony tool you'll need for a specific reg, so it may make more sense to go with the cheaper peterbuilt multitool and use the cash saved to buy the other specialty tools you may need.

It's useful for working on all regs. Has most of the spanners you need to open most all of the SP regs. It's only one of the many tools you need when working on regs. I have 3 of them.

Dave

That particular one in the picture was likely manufactured in Italy. The ones available from scubatools.com are very comparable in function. Scubatools actually manufactures tools for various manufacturers, and their quality is outstanding.

Greg Barlow

Hi all,

Many thanks for the replies. Based upon what you said, I have decided to acquire the reg tool.

V/R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom