ScubaPro Reg set - good regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarDavis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

My LDS sells their reg sets that are in rental for 50% off of their retail price. So, for roughly $300, I can buy a ScubaPro Mk2 first stage with R295 primary second stage, R195 octo, low pressure inflator hose, and console w/ depth gauge, pressure gauge, and compass. I know it's a great price for everything that I would get with it. But my question is: how good are these components? From what I've read, they all seem to be really good and reliable, but just by looks alone the 2nd stages seem to be a little older. And they're also used (not as much as the other rental regs, though because this one doesn't have a computer in the console, so it's not used for open water classes). But, they're used by my LDS so it's serviced regularly and in good condition. I dove with the exact set I would be buying and didn't have any issues. But I dove only to about 20 ft in fairly warm water (72 degrees).

I would love to hear opinions about whether you think it'd be a good idea or not to buy this set. To give some context - I live in Indiana and would be diving mostly lakes/quarries which are warm on the surface, but can get pretty chilly (40-50 degrees) when I get to any significant depths (60+ feet).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom