Scubapro piston oring changes ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MR12111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello .. I was a tech back in the 80's ..did a LOT of mk5's and some mk10's .. Trying to figure why scubapro went with this 3 piece bushing/oring system rather than the 1 oring in the body like the mk5 & 10 ..Also this piston with 2 wiper rings plus an oring is different ..lots of changes H.P. seat setup is different to .. just wondering why .. Thank You for any help you can give me ..filling me in on this ..

Cheaper, more precise adjustable.
I read somewhere that there was a problem with the piston neck oring being built into the body in that the body wears and the oring becomes to small for it's machined area .. ?? It sure seemed easier to me than this thing "mk20" ..

I read somewhere that there was a problem with the piston neck oring being built into the body in that the body wears and the oring becomes to small for it's machined area .. ?? It sure seemed easier to me than this thing "mk20" ..
The machining for a precise in bore groove isn’t as easy as a straight bore, the newer system with its many parts has more than proven itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom