SCUBAPRO Parts: Why can't I buy them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agilis

Cat Lives Matter
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Will Scubapro now make parts available to consumers, as Federal law requires of all manufacturers of consumer products? I hope this issue is addressed in a straightforward manner.

Will Scubapro now make parts available to consumers, as Federal law requires of all manufacturers of consumer products? I hope this issue is addressed in a straightforward manner.

I would be very interested in knowing about this also. I have been doing my own service on your products for decades and getting parts has always been a problem. It was easier 30 years ago when I could get parts for the R109 through commercial diving suppliers because the R109 was built into my General Aquadyne DMC7 helmet.

SCUBAPRO has chosen not to allow selling parts to consumers to ensure all regulators are serviced and maintained by currently trained, certified SCUBAPRO technicians at Authorized Dealers. This being the safest and most professional way of ensuring the safety of our consumers.

The head of the Fair Marketing Division of the FTC confirmed that there is no federal requirement that says manufacturers must sell replacement parts to consumers. The requirement for a manufacturer to supply replacement parts is governed by the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act which states that parts must be available for the time that a product is under warranty but that there is no requirement that the parts be sold directly to the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom