Scubapro oem vs aftermarket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol sorry but by college budget I meant paying rent food and classes, while going to school fulltime. If the book is as good as you all say it is worth the invest ment, from previous exprience I have bought some reference matirials that just weren't worth it.

But as i said if the book is worthing i will buy it now.

Clearly, it is possible to service your regulators without Harlow's book. His book does seem to be the best one for fledgling DIYers. There is lots of documentation and information available on the internet that you could eventually figure it out if you take your time and do the research. But Harlow's book can get you started with a solid foundation of knowledge and understanding of scuba regulators; and it will allow you to avoid costly mistakes and unnecessary expenses.

Having lived the "college life", this is always one of the most foolish statements I have experienced. Give up a weekend or two of other activities - that alone gets you the book for a lifetime of knowledge... sorry, not your best fan in regard to this...

It's been a loooong time, but I sort of remember my monthly balance sheet as a student:

Credit
  • 650 Francs scholarship
Debit
  • 250 Francs for a room
  • 10 Francs for a meal, times 60 = 600 Francs
Bad depts written off by playing in a dance band weekends and working in constructions summers.
:D

Maybe the OP could get a job working in a LDS as a reg tech. :) At least he WANTS to know how to properly service them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom