Scubapro O-ring Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This MK20 I've just got off the 'Bay, so I replaced eveything out of general principle.

Interestingly, it's like new, no scratch, but with a lot of slow creep. Inside, the seat is barely marked, but the lube has become very thick, with some white goo, like dried-up thickener from the grease. I replaced all the soft parts, and also the original SS piston because I have a composite one on hand, and every other MK20 in my corral has it.

After the treatment, it's snappy as it should. Too bad I replaced the piston, so it's not exactly a before/after sort of comparison.

Attachments

• Service.jpg
    Service.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 366
Thumbnail looks like a game of "Hangman" :D

I just exchanged emails with theoringstore.com about 90 duro viton orings. They're adding them to the website this weekend! Best part is that shipping is a flat $3. I'm going to give the viton orings a shot.

I just placed an order of 010V90 plus some others (anyone seen my bag full of 016's? :D), and there're a few caveats:
  • The Viton 90 are listed on their new .net Web site: The O-ring Store, Online O-rings and O-ring Kits. The old .com site doesn't list them
  • The lead time is 1-2 weeks
  • The price break starting at 25 pcs is gone
  • Shipping has gone up too: $7 instead of $5 to Switzerland
But it's still worth a try.

I have a original (bought new on 9-3-71 SN# 171195) Scubapro Mark 7 regulator (1st and 2nd). I'm getting a small air leak eminating from the ambient water port. Per the troubleshooting guide this is from a leaking piston o-ring. Since I now have an extra 1st stage, I'm servicing this one myself. I have the original "Technical Manual for Scubapro Regulators" that came with the regulator. This includes exploded diagrams and part numbers for Mark I - Mark VII 1st stages and "conventional downstream valve second stage". Very useful BUT Scubapro seems to have changed the part numbers in the last 39 years.

I understand the 2 needed o-rings are the same as used on both the Mark 5 and Mark 10. Does anybody know what sizes they are IN ENGLISH (ie. ID and material diameter in either English or Metric measurements).

The smaller o-ring is Cat. No. 101-6 (one that is harder to remove) and the larger one is Cat No. 101-3* in my manual

I have bought the assembly and 'bullet' from ScubaTools.

Scubapro part numbers and English are not in the same book. The o-rings I use for the HP piston o-ring is a 2-010, duro 90 in viton (EPDM, Urathane, or Nitrile would also work): and a 2-022, Duro 70 (or higher) also in Viton (but those other materials will also work.

But chances are other o-ring may be reaching the end of their useful life also. Link is a reasonably current schematic of your reg: http://www.scubaproregulatormuseum.org/MK_7_LATE_MODEL.JPG

Looking for the cross size for Scubapro# 1050428 which is #7 on an MK17 diagram. Also does the Trident Filter come with a retainer on a yoke regulator or do you use the old one. I am just building some kits for my regs and am a little worried about some parts like the getting HP valve. Thanks

Item #7 is a standard DIN o-ring and should be 2-111 PU Duro 85, but EP or VT should work: it's only a static face seal.

I don't think the Trident filter comes with a retainer; actually I don't even think it fits, but I may be wrong. The old retainer can be re-used if it's still in good shape.

MILLERJE asked for it, so here's the D400, but I have no data on the square-ring, 11-014-212.
Anyone cares to proof?

I don't know if anyone ever answered the question about the switch o-ring. I have an older schematic (12/97) that pictures a round o-ring p/n 01.050.211. I did replace that seal (once) with a round o-ring and it was quite a job but works fine. I believe I used a 2-116 but can't find a record. That looks to be in the right range since the SP p/n 01.050.217 (Mk10 cap) is a 2-117. There is a pattern to most of the SP numbers that at least gets you in a ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom