Scubapro mod. 129

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had this in my saved list on E-bay. You just beat me to it! You got a MK7 and a nice manifold too!

The second stages are what I was after, didn't hardly give the manifold a glance. Described as a double tank bar yoke in the 1977 catalog that Angelo Farina linked to. I could see it as a handy tank equalizer perhaps?

If you can figure out how to service this the hose can go on either side.

Scubapro Diving Regulator AIR 1 Collector Item | eBay
s-l400.jpg

That cap on the right can be removed to the other port and a hose a screwed on. I have one of these but have no idea how to service it.

I used it a few times on a Mk5 1st stage before it started free flowing. It is the easiest breathing regulator I've used. Superior to any of my 156/Mk5 setups. However servicing looks to be difficult as getting parts must be also. So the 156/Mk5 comb still gets the nod from me.

@Kupu that is a very generous offer.
@AfterDark attached are a few manuals you may find helpful.

Attachments

• AIR 1 Manual.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 199
  • Air 1 Addendum.pdf
    183.8 KB · Views: 179
  • AIR1-1991-01.pdf
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 252
I could live with the $100 purchase price but $25 to ship? Must be gift-wrapped in gold leaf.

I agree, it was the only example I could find.

Very good, I have replacement parts as needed (including used orange exhaust cover) but sounds like you have that covered already.
The as is cost for the second stage would be $35 plus shipping. Photos to come, and hope everything will be to your needs.
This is really GREAT !!! This community is fantastic!

I used it a few times on a Mk5 1st stage before it started free flowing. It is the easiest breathing regulator I've used. However servicing looks to be difficult as getting parts must be also.

For a DIYer who is familiar with the D series, the AIR1 is very similar. Reinstalling the diaphragm clip (#12) could be the biggest hassle for me, but fortunately the diaphragm can be rolled back and only partially removed without disturbing the clip for most rebuilds.

This is not a substitute for full service, but you could try to get rid of minor free flow by adjusting the spring pad located in the cap. Shown as the first adjustment on page 7 of the manual attached by couv. If that does not stop the free flow or results in noticeably harder inhalation effort , the regulator most likely is due for rebuild.

Take off the cap (#28) and then remove the spring adjusting pad (#30) by turning counter clockwise.
Push the plug (#27) out with allen key, then put the spring adjusting pad back on the cap and tighten. Put the cap back on the regulator, leaving plug out. Insert allen key in cap to turn adjusting pad clockwise until free flow stops, then back it off a tad. Push plug back into cap and done.

$100 for an Air1 is high IMO. I bought several for $20-25 over the years to use mostly as parts for my converted pilots. It is true that the Air1 and pilot are reversible. I was on the lookout for a left hand 109 (I know someone who has one....) for sidemount but then the SM instructor I would take the class with told me that nobody does that anymore, now they just route the left tank short hose behind the head just like in BM doubles.

Back
Top Bottom