Closed Scubapro mk5/109

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at the VDH scubapro catalog collection, somewhere in the range from 1971 to 1977.

@buddhasummer I like the black & blue look of the SPG as well, and used one for years on a MK10 B/A combo back when I was a young and free backpacker traveling around SE Asia dive spots.

Is there a date on the warranty card or receipt? My old eyes cannot make it out from the small pix.

@Couv The one in the box does not have any paper work with it. It does have the odd shaped turret, so I thought the shape might help narrow down the year.

...got it.
How many low pressure ports?
How many hp ports...are they 3/8 or 7/16?
Heavy yoke with what size yoke screw?
1660923109029.png

@Kupu, thanks for the info. Is one better than the other?
Based only on my amateur sleuthing and poor memory, I would venture a guess that MK5 109 combos made in the '71-'77 date range will be the same. All with 2 LP ports, and most likely only 1 HP port. I think MK5's with 2 HP ports did not show up until the early 80's.

Yoke assembly most likely the same as well, the modern heavy yoke did not show up until '79 or '80.

But Couv's question brings up a good point, if any of the MK5s in that date range have 7/16" HP port, it could be reason to call it "better" than one with 3/8" HP port.

No need for 2 of these to sit on the shelf, so it is back on the market. Asking $175 shipped within the CONUS. I have included pics of the reg that is for sale.

Attachments

• 20220819_162551.jpg
    20220819_162551.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220819_162521.jpg
    20220819_162521.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 44

Back
Top Bottom