Scubapro mk25/s600 problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Umm OK? I saved over 400 bucks even on your pricing I can have that thing rebuilt time and time again and still be money ahead

interesting

If you are inclined an you think you will enjoy rebuilding the regs It might be worth the effort and money to get some tools and do it yourself. Check the DIY section for topics on scubapro and you will find tons of info.

I'm very mechanical inclinded as that's what I do for a living but I've never messed with any scuba gear so I guess it needs to go in

I didn't get any warranty cards and was told no since it was grey market so I assumed no

Yea it is

Thats what I'm thinking.. if I remember. I bought 2 more at about the same time and recommended the source. 2 MK25, 1 S600 and 1 G250v. Did you get any water inside the first stage? Not having any problems with mine. I have rebulit one of my older ones and if you remove the piston, you will have to have a pilot tool to get it back in. Just use it until it breaks in. I have put a little Christ-o-lube (a very small dab, barely can see, 1/32" ) in the intake port (remove the screen) every year or so in every one of mine and then draw a bunch of air through it with the second stage purge pushed in, before I store them away. Try that first.

And as for warranty... ScubaPro requires you to buy a combo to get it and keep on paying for labor to overhaul it at least every 2 years. I have 2 regs that are over 10 years old and only had to replace the stem o-ring in one because it flattened and creeped the IP. These are too well made for that kind of maintenance cycle. Since I have never had anyone touch my regs for over 40 years, and I still dive some legacy gear for grins, I don't need warranty's.

And at the price We got the regs for... we could have bought 2 (I did). And as for the term "grey market"... That is nothing more than a marketing term used in an attempt to negatively influence potential buyers and support price protection schemes by distributors and retailers.

And as for the term "grey market"
Do you know & trust the seller?

Can you take your reg back to them now that you have a problem?

Do you know & trust the seller?

Can you take your reg back to them now that you have a problem?

I have been buying from them for 4 years and have saved a significant amount of money. They always sell and deliver what is promised, just like Scuba toys and Leisure Pro. Why would I need to take back a quality product? As for maintenance and repair, I can do all that myself. No one has touched my vehicles, including my boats, in over 40 years ether, since I can do the same for them. I know that some people are always going to be dependent upon others for a technical resolution for their problems, and that may be where the distributor, retailer or manufacturer warranty may come into play.

But when the protectionist pricing comes into play, we see that is starting to diminish because of third party alternatives. When there are ways to reduce the initial acquisition costs, then the cost of ownership goes down. The typical LDS business plan is outdated and for the most part non competitive with a dynamic retail alternative that exists today.

Rebuilding a regulator is far simpler than removing the fuel rails from a fuel injected engine and rebuilding the rail or even a disc brake job.

Here is an example of what can be saved: I bought a new Bare Trilaminate HD dry suit for $500.00 plus $40.00 shipping. The primary reason was the cost savings and the secondary is that Bare's warranty on the suit is transferable, is for life and no questions asked. Just produce the suit for repair. When scubapro and others start to do this... and they will, the consumer side just gets better.

Last edited:
My question was directed at the OP!

Back
Top Bottom