Scubapro MK2, R395 what is it good for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I was stuck some where super remote with limited resourced this would be the reg I’d choose.

Wow Thanks Eric! Also may I say your freedom plate looks brilliant I wish I could try one!

I use an air2 with my bp/w. You could move yours over to a bp/w if you so desired. You could attach your primary regulator, the air2, and the r395 at the same time if you so desired. Since you're already accustomed to operating the air2 I don't think there's any significant drawback to do it that way.

Using the air2 would save you the $20 it costs to buy a standalone power inflator.

Last edited:
The only exception might he a Poseidon Cyklon since they have a very high IP.

I found a 109 plays quite well with the Cyclon 300. I haven't tried a Cyclon second on a different first, but feel quite lucky to have found the set and will be keeping it togather. I'll be playing my usual mix and match antics on the rest of my gear.

As for an Air 2 on a BP/W, my buddy has been diving one for a few years, he modified the Wing as soon as he got it. I just look at it as another second, each to his own.

Bob

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the air 2 because I do really like mine. The only thing is it hangs down a lot. I am thinking of mounting some kind of DIY hook on my bc I can tuck it in. Not a bungee because it might need to rapidly come out

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the air 2 because I do really like mine. The only thing is it hangs down a lot. I am thinking of mounting some kind of DIY hook on my bc I can tuck it in. Not a bungee because it might need to rapidly come out
I have a clip on mine to attach it to a D-ring. Actually, my dive-rite wing came with the clip. I'll post a picture shortly. As for dump valves, I usually use either the read butt dump or the pull-dump in my wing. That one works just by pulling the air2 slightly away from the attachment point and the air dumps out of the connection between the BCD and corrugated hose. The pull dump is the greatest thing since sliced bread imo.

This shows the little clip I use to hold my inflator hose in place. It's in the middle of the hose so that it does a fair job at keeping the air2 in place while still giving me just enough play that I can stick the air2 in my mouth without unclipping; albeit uncomfortably. That way I can unclip with the air2 in my mouth if necessary. I'm not sure where to find the premade clips like that, but you can easily make one with a standard boltsnap and short piece of bungee cord or cave line or even a hose clip retainer (pictured below). You should be able to get a piece of bungee (if you don't have something on hand) and the boltsnap for well under $10. Your LDS might even have a premade part like I'm using available - if you prefer.
20180302_114159.jpg

Hose clip retainer (made by Diverite)
Hose-Clip-Retainer_AC2019_Front-View-600x600.jpg

Shoulder pull dump (Diverite calls it a remote exhaust elbow). You could probably add this to any BCD if you so desired. Although I don't know for sure if the attachment point is the same diameter and threading on different BCD's. It's like $30 and is one of my favorite BCD options.
20180302_114213.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom