Scubapro MK2, R395 what is it good for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacat8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Oops I just impulse bought this off a woman who never used it thinking maybe I could add the second stage to my MK 20 or 25 (need to check)/S500 and ditch the AIR2 BC so I can try a BP/W as so many here recommend. But now I’m confused by the diaphragm, piston, balanced, unbalanced stuff. Can they not mix and match? Did I buy a pony rig? What would you do with this? (Maybe I overpaid...$200?)

Attachments

• 5A99CBF8-423C-41E8-BD5E-1FCD2D135CF8.jpeg
    5A99CBF8-423C-41E8-BD5E-1FCD2D135CF8.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 125
I think my (not here) second stage is S550 actually

I would have picked it up as well, and I don't even need it at all.

I mix and match all the time, it may have to be adjusted but that's not a big deal.

Bob

Any second stage will work with any first stage if the second stage is adjusted for the IP of the first stage.
The only exception might he a Poseidon Cyklon since they have a very high IP.
But generally, the second stage doesn’t know what’s supplying it with the 135-140 psi and doesn’t really care, as long as it’s there.
MK/2, a very simple unbalanced bullet proof reg. Could be used for any basic recreational diving. Work of breathing (WOB) will gradually increase as tank pressure decreases (if the second stage is also unbalanced). Some people actually like this, as it provides kind of an early warning system that you’re running low on air.
I have one BTW and will never get rid of it. Dirt simple and super easy to service. Parts are only $10

If I was stuck some where super remote with limited resourced this would be the reg I’d choose.

Back
Top Bottom