scubapro mk2+ long hosed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hello,

i am continuing my quest for my gear. i am planning to get a scubapro mk2+r190 reg/octopus/guages.. i have found (in my opinion) that the DIR approach is better than the standard triangle approach. I would like to have the regulator with a long hose(is this wording correct?) and the octopus with a neck strap. can i have this option done on this product? do i just tell the marine shop(not dive shop) to have a longer hose?

Jalal

Ha ha, I've got my Mk2-R190 hooked up to a six foot hose. I did it myself, and I'm mechanically dysfunctional. So long as you tell the shop what length hoses you want, there should be no problem.
If you're going "all out" with that configuration, I'd test out wearing your full rig in the shop, to see how comfortable you are with your routed hoses. A seven foot hose may be substituted for six or even five foot hoses, for example. Depends on your gear, your body, and preference.

just dont get a slick surfaced hose, make sure its raw rubber like most hoses or it will slip out when you stow it (just my 2 cents...but hey I'm a DIR flunky).

archman:
Ha ha, I've got my Mk2-R190 hooked up to a six foot hose. I did it myself, and I'm mechanically dysfunctional. So long as you tell the shop what length hoses you want, there should be no problem.
If you're going "all out" with that configuration, I'd test out wearing your full rig in the shop, to see how comfortable you are with your routed hoses. A seven foot hose may be substituted for six or even five foot hoses, for example. Depends on your gear, your body, and preference.

A 5' to 7' hose is not a problem on a Mk 2 Plus R190. If anything it increases the volume of IP air and helps with IP stability and creates a bit more reserve to draw from when in a high workload situation.

I have noted that with the Mk2, Mk 200 and Mk3, that you can sometimes get a problem with sympathetic resonance when changing hose lenghts that causes the reg to whistle when you inhale. If this occurs, a plastic shim between the first stage body and piston spring will eliminate the problem and the annoying sound.

archman:

Yea, there's nothing to it... Just use 2 crescent wrenches when removing the hose from the second stage... and when tightening things, remember this is brass on brass sealed with an 0-ring. Don't torque it like it's a rusted lug nut.

You have allt he answers here except that no it is not an option when you get the reg, it is something that you have to do afterwards either yourself, or have the diveshop do it if you doubt your abilities......

rescuediver009:
You have allt he answers here except that no it is not an option when you get the reg, it is something that you have to do afterwards either yourself, or have the diveshop do it if you doubt your abilities......

Well, you might have the option. We've got guys all the time that want to order a reg with a 5 or 7 ft hose, so instead of making them buy a hose they don't want, we add on the price of the 7 ft, then back out the price of a standard, so they just pay about 10 bucks to get the other hose. Any dealer will probably do that for you... after all, they can use that hose on something else later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom