Scubapro MK2 leaking yoke retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:O I think that I need a shot of adrenalin to the heart or something. Given the price of that kit, I would expect the filter to be made of solid gold.

I'm going to be looking for a new seat then. There is a place which sells from the Trident catalog not too far from where I live. It's got to be less painful that the amount which the shop wants for the service kit (a punch in the face would be less painful too).

You just need to know where to look $9 isn't bad Shop Online

The local place is just a BIT more expensive. Only about 10 times that.

---------- Post added August 15th, 2013 at 08:32 AM ----------

Would that kit at VDH work for the more modern looking MK2? The one which I have doesn't look like the original, but rather more like this one: Scubapro MK2 Plus First Stage Only | Simply Scuba UK.

As best as I know, the internal design is the same on all of them. The design differences are all external fluff.

Yes, the kit is basically the same. (Going against my fellow Suspects here) Why not just clean up the MK 2 that you have, replace the o-rings, use the same seat (as you are having problems sourcing one) put the darn thing back together, and do a leak and IP check?

Actually, flipping the HP seat is an old school technique for servicing unbalanced piston regs. Nothing wrong with doing so as long as it has not been done before.

Actually, flipping the HP seat is an old school technique for servicing unbalanced piston regs. Nothing wrong with doing so as long as it has not been done before.

But check carefully when you flip. Some aftermarket injection-molded pieces are molded with the two ends being slightly different: one's the "seat side" and the other was probably the injection end. There's occasionally a little dimple that makes it asymmetrical and the flipped side may not seal. Always worth a try, though. It usually works just fine!

I'll check it when I get back home. Thank you :)
Heading down to Capetown (South Africa) for 2 weeks and then home, so there will be a slight delay...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom