Scubapro MK17/S600 or MK25/S600 for warm water diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's my understanding that most first stages can deliver more air than a diver needs and that the 2nd stage is the limiting factor (?)
I would say ALL first stages ... but I agree with your thinking.
I never knew an experienced diver that said, "Well, I'm going to have to stop using my MK17 and get me a 25. I just cannot seem to get enough air out of that stupid thing!" :D
That said, I do like my 25, but I like the simplicity of the 17 better and I dive through the ice, soo... why go back and forth. MK17 with a G250 orange.

---------- Post added September 10th, 2015 at 10:54 PM ----------

The lower port seems only really any good if diving long hose (single tank) so if diving "standard" hose configuration it's of no use (?) Although I guess it would be useful if DS diving. Take this with a pinch of salt as I've only recently acquired my MK25 and am still playing with ports.
The lower port is nice with my long hose, but the 17 works too, sooo....

I just swapped out my 25 U/L for a 17 (S600 and S555 seconds) on my single tank long hose rig. Didn't notice a bit of difference in air delivery, but the 17 makes my trim just a tad better. Hose routing wasn't an issue either.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with imagining it:wink:

Whether real or imagined, it made me happy, and to be honest that's all "I" care about. :D

I wonder why they make 1lb weights if 1lb won't affect anything? :eyebrow:

I have dived both the MK25 and MK17. I can't tell the difference between the two. I prefer diaphragm regulators, so I like the MK17. You mention Aqualung is available also. Have you looked at the Apeks line to see if they are price competitive to the two Scubapro packages you are looking at?

it made me happy, and to be honest that's all "I" care about.
True!

I wonder why they make 1lb weights if 1lb won't affect anything?
They do??? Never see them here in Europe! :D Smallest we have are 1 kilo (or 2.2 lbs.)
Nevertheless, I have to say, "Thank you." Now I have a perfect excuse if a picture of me not perfectly horizontal is published. "Dude! I must have forgotten and was using my 25! I thought that I grabbed my 17!" :wink:

True!

They do??? Never see them here in Europe! :D Smallest we have are 1 kilo (or 2.2 lbs.)
Nevertheless, I have to say, "Thank you." Now I have a perfect excuse if a picture of me not perfectly horizontal is published. "Dude! I must have forgotten and was using my 25! I thought that I grabbed my 17!" :wink:

That's funny, I like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom