ScubaPro MK16-S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have this combination that I purchased probably around 2004?? When I used it back then, I had no issues whatsoever. I've not been diving in years but am going to resume soon. Is this combination still OK for warm water dives (Coz)? I did some research and saw (maybe) where the MK16 needs to be updated? Is that just a cold water issue? I will take it in for testing to my local ScubaPro dealer prior to any diving. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Would the update be beneficial anyway? Thanks

I dive Mk16s for everything. No issues. Just have it serviced and you are good to go!

I have this combination that I purchased probably around 2004?? When I used it back then, I had no issues whatsoever. I've not been diving in years but am going to resume soon. Is this combination still OK for warm water dives (Coz)? I did some research and saw (maybe) where the MK16 needs to be updated? Is that just a cold water issue? I will take it in for testing to my local ScubaPro dealer prior to any diving. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Would the update be beneficial anyway? Thanks

I would have to double check when I get into the shop today, but I believe the MK16 should be automatically updated when you take it in for service, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thanks! I'll take it in soon and get it serviced. Then it's off to the blue water!

I just did my GFs MK16 backup. Orifice and seat changed from what was in there earlier (late 90's maybe). Didn't see any other parts changes. Tuned just fine.

Thanks all! I've got it and my Air2 in for maintenance now. Just outfitted the wife with the SP Bella, MK25-600. Heading to Cozumel for her 1st saltwater dive 10/28-11/3. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom