Scubapro MK15 convert yoke to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dobs69

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I inherited 2 DIN Steel HP 110s from a friend. I also inherited his DIN reg which works fine, but doesn't have a second HP port for my air integrated Dive Computer.

I like having my manual pressure gauge as well as my read out on the Dive computer for redundancy sake so I don't want to just have my Dive computer as a sole source for tank pressure.

After searching and discovering they make a threaded insert for DIN to YOKE conversion, I also discovered it is only a 5 thread insert vs the 7 I need and it appears they don't make such an insert (proverbial white unicorn of the Dive world from what I've seen on the forums "I have a friend who has a friend who has seen these!").

So my question is, can I swap out my yoke connector on my 1st stage for a Din connector without causing any issues? Will swapping the two connectors cause undue wear and tear on my 1st stage?

Will I be better off just using the DIN reg and my wrist computer when I want to use the DIN tanks?

I've come to drink at the fountain of knowledge.....

how about an HP port splitter.....

upload_2018-7-11_10-42-35.png

converting a 1st stage from yoke to Din is no rougher on a reg than the process that are followed during a standard annual maintenance. If you are not familiar with working on regulators, I'd suggest taking the 1st stage to your LDS and have them do the conversion. The conversion process isn't difficult but you need a special tool to remove the existing yoke and a torque wrench to install the DIN connector. Alternatively you could also swap the tank valves. Good luck!

You have two choices: First, replace the tank valves with "pro valves" Pro valves can switch between Din and yoke with inserts. Second, is to convert the regulators to DIN., using a DIN converter.

7/8 unf 3500 psi tank means 300 bar din valve only. convert your reg to din, get a splitter, or run either just the ai transmitter or spg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom