ScubaPro MK11, R395 and R295 service manuals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stepfen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I just bought a second hand ScubaPro regulator set (MK11, R395, R295). I haven't got it in my hands yet but I'm considering whether I should service it myself or not. I was looking for service manuals but I can't find any.

All I can get online (including frogkick.dk) is schematics for R295 and MK17 and the "Maintenance Procedure for MK17" (I read that MK17 should be very similar to MK11).

Is there anything else available?

Thanks in advance.

(I read that MK17 should be very similar to MK11)
That is correct. The 17 has an environmental kit that the 11 does not have. The service procedure is the same save the above. BTW, the guts and service parts of the 11/16/17/18/19 are the same.

Shameless plug-I have MK 16/18 kits available for sale.

look here
Regulator Manuals

scoll down - they're listed in several places.
All I can find there are the schematics that I already have. I am looking for more details e.g. specific tools, specific procedures, which o-rings to lubricate and which not etc.
Thanks anyway for the info.

BTW, the guts and service parts of the 11/16/17/18/19 are the same.

Not so fast Couv. For some reason the part number for the MK17 diaphragm is different. Perhaps it's thicker or thinner than the 11/16/18/19 because of the environmental kit on the MK17. If any of you SP diaphragm gurus know, please share your knowledge. That means you @rsingler

I have some Scubapro training videos for the Mk11 and the R295 if you want. let me know and I can dropbox them.

Sorry for the late reply but I just came back from a two weeks long trip in Raja Ampat :)

For now I am finished servicing my set (and I've done about 30 dives with it already), but it would be great to have those videos and/or any other related info for future reference.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Not so fast Couv. For some reason the part number for the MK17 diaphragm is different. Perhaps it's thicker or thinner than the 11/16/18/19 because of the environmental kit on the MK17. If any of you SP diaphragm gurus know, please share your knowledge. That means you @rsingler
Sorry I'm so late responding to your ping.
Yes, there are separate diaphragms for the Mk11/16/18 and Mk17/19.
On the left is the thin Mk17/19 diaphragm (10.117.107). On the right is the thick Mk 11/16/18 diaphragm (10.705.119). It's about twice as thick.
20190120_224739.jpg
It makes sense when you look at the schematics. The Mk11, with the thick diaphragm has a washer/diaphragm ring that assists with compression and ensures there is no distortion of the thick diaphragm as it comes under compression.
2019-01-20 (2).png
It has a 310 in-lb torque setting to seat the diaphragm.

The thinner Mk17 diaphragm has TWO diaphragm rings. One for friction relief, and one to ensure adequate compression of the thin diaphragm.
2019-01-20 (3).png
But same torque setting to seat the diaphragm: 310 in-lb

It doesn't really relate to the environmental diaphragm. It's more like the shift Aqualung made from thick rubber diaphragms with a fabric sandwich to the thinner synthetic diaphragms with a synthetic mesh in between the layers. The extra diaphragm ring just makes up for the thinner construction so you can get proper torque before there's a metal-to-metal stop with the chamber seating against the body, since they probably didn't change the basic clearances in the machining for the chamber to body mating when they created a new model. But I'm speculating there.

But other than that shift to a thin diaphragm and second compression ring, @couv 's right. The guts are the same. Poppet, spring, discs...it's all the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom