ScubaPro MK11, R395 and R295 service manuals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't really relate to the environmental diaphragm. It's more like the shift Aqualung made from thick rubber diaphragms with a fabric sandwich to the thinner synthetic diaphragms with a synthetic mesh in between the layers.

I suppose a thinner diaphragm would be more sensitive to ambient pressure changes, but I'm still scratching my head over this one. The MK11 & MK17 were/are in production at the same time. If the thinner diaphragm is a change/upgrade why not on both models if not related to the environmental kit?

I suppose a thinner diaphragm would be more sensitive to ambient pressure changes, but I'm still scratching my head over this one. The MK11 & MK17 were/are in production at the same time. If the thinner diaphragm is a change/upgrade why not on both models if not related to the environmental kit?
This is pure speculation, but I'd guess it's that it's related to CE certification and approval costs. The Mk17 and 11 were/are in production at the same time, but the 17 had been introduced earlier. I suspect it was a bean-counter move to not go thru the process for the slightly older reg to be changed over (specs, drawings, CE approvals). Or maybe the lawyers didn't want someone thinking there was a "problem" that was being fixed, because it might increase their exposure defense costs. Dunno.
Next class I take from René Dupré, I'll ask him.

My guess, environmental seal changes the actuator media from water to air, a thick diaphragm won’t react the same once it’s exposed to a compressible transmitting force.

My guess, environmental seal changes the actuator media from water to air, a thick diaphragm won’t react the same once it’s exposed to a compressible transmitting force.
That thinking makes sense, so maybe you're right about the need for a thinner diaphragm with an environmental piston. But if the thinner diaphragm is the later technology, and is an improvement, why do a throwback with the later model Mk11 to the old rubber diaphragm? Weird.

I have some Scubapro training videos for the Mk11 and the R295 if you want. let me know and I can dropbox them.
hello sir. I know your post is old, but I'm hoping you're still monitoring this thread and still willing to share the vids, please. Thanks bru!

I have two files: "Mk11 and Mk17.mp4" and "R295 R395.mp4"
I'm sending you a link via PM.
If anybody else has anything more please let us know.
In particular I would be interested in anything related to the C370 second stage.
Thanks a lot in advance

@buddhasummer @stepfen @Nick-ruberg
It would be awesome if someone could send me a link to the videos or the schematics/manual too :callme:
Would veeery appreciate it!

Best wishes and thanks
Kris

Haven't read whole thread, message me with what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Anyone with a link to the manual or the vids, I would really appreciate. The link shared on the start of the tread is unfortunately empty:(

Back
Top Bottom