Scubapro Meridian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just getting used to it. Its comfortable wearing it around like a normal watch. Had no problems diving it just have to get used to the menu thats a little different than the other scubapro computers. But other than that love it so far!

just got mine - well built so far - oh and a normal Polar heart monitor strap works for it out of the box. If anyone is interested. I tried it with a T31 polar strap and it picked it up.

Cons or Nitpicks:
no button lock in watch mode,
you can press the up/down buttions if worn too tight. s
trap is too short for a drysuit with thicker undergarmets,
no watch mode heart rate monitor display

Pros:

you can change the strap easiely to a normal strap,
gauge mode is great and you can lock it in any of the 3 main modes,
2 gases per dive as selectable,
does not reset the nitrox automatically or you can set it to based on a timer.
Stopwatch
average depth read out
heart rate monitor is factored into your profile
polar T31 heart rate strap works out of the box

more later but i am impresssed

Update on my nitpick #2
this is actually related to the water contact which is located on the "hand" side of the watch if worn on the left wrist - turning off the water contact stops this behavior if you have any mosture on your hand. solves the issue but delays the move to dive or gauge mode till the depth meter registers

Hello fellas, any more review on Scubapro Meridian? I have experiences with Uwatec. I assume Meridian is not as conservative as Suunto dive com.

you can set the Micro Bubble level to adjust the conservatism, it has 6 levels I believe- but I have no idea how it compares to suunto - I use it in gauge mode. the manual is posted on the scubapro site @ http://www.scubapro.com/media/204664/meridian-eng.pdf

Im always diving in the L0 mode. Also I have noticed that the water activation button does get hit easily and will go on if you are sweating but it is easy enough to go into the watch and turn the water activation off and just turn it back on when its time to dive.

I got the Meridian, and managed to test it out and compare it to my D4, and in the L0 setting it seems to be very close to the suunto. I love the screen, it's very clear and readable in any light or dark. I turn off the water sensor when not diving, it get's turned on accidentally all day long, and it beeps when it gets turned on. I love the way the computer is made, looks well for every day use, it's pretty big, but feels right on my wrist. Altimeter seems to be off a little bit, by about 100 meters, and when I was at sea level it was off by about 40-50m, but that's ok, since it's only accurate by atmospheric pressure and it's expected to not be correct. Temperature is affected by body heat, but under water that doesn't matter, it works perfectly. Log is kind of weird. It gives me the latest dive as dive No.1, instead of counting backwards to number one.

Leave it to Scubapro to produce a POS like this. It's not user friendly at all but the worse part is that the battery lasts 25 dives and you have to send it to them to replace a battery that can be purchased for around 6 bucks at Radio Shack. I have the Aladin 2G with the original battery that has 450 plus dives on it, it's 3 years old and still does not need replacement. I bought it to back up my Aladin. What an effin joke. I want to sell all my Scubapro stuff on e bay and replace it with Aqua Lung or something. What a disappointing kick in the balls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom