Scubapro mark V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RacerKen,

It sounds like the Usual Suspects have gotten to you first and advised you well; they always do. So I'll just say welcome to the dark side. If you PM me with an email address where you can receive PDF files, I'll send you a few that I have marked up with the o-ring sizes that you need.

Good luck and have fun with this project and the ones surely to come.

couv

Racerken; rather than measuring the orifice position, you could count number of rotations until the orifice (gently) seats. Just a thought.

I'm also brand new at this, but having a lot of fun just disassembling and cleaning stuff. I'll get around to putting it back together at some point :)

Henrik

I always reassemble with the orifice well backed off and then work it in one turn at a time until I hear the sound of the leak start to change. I usually adjust it initially with the cover & diaphragm removed and then install the front stuff and readjust. If it is more than just a small adjustment, there may be a lever height problem. As I recall, seating seating should occur within 2 turns of bottoming out and I'm guessing there is probably a total of 8 or 10 turns from where it engages to where it bottoms out. Just be sure to depress the purge button anytime you are adjusting the orifice to avoid cutting the seat.

I scre the orifice all the way in before the poppet is installed and then back it off 2.0 turns. On most 109's the final spot is about 1.5 turns out but I prefer not to turn a sharp orifice against a sharp seat, so I start outside the contact position and work inward.

In general, if you tunr the orifice you should have the purge depressed at the same time to keep the orifice from turning against the seat when you make the adjustment. Although that is not as big a deal with the newer and much duller plastic orifices.

AWAP, DA Aquamaster; see, that's the kind of good sense and practical experience you guys should write up and publish - I'd pay for that. Thanks for sharing.

Henrik

I do something similar to DA and Awap. Run the orifice in all the way, back out 2 1/4 turns, install the poppet, spring, etc. Then I use the mouth vacuum method (use your imagination) combined with feeling the slack/tension on the lever to put it within a gnat's rectum. Finally I hook up the hose hand tight. As others have pointed out, always depress the purge lever when adjusting the orifice. One good thing about an adjustable, you can adjust it to where there is a slight free flow with the knob all the way out as long as when the knob is run back in the free flow stops.

Of course I figured this method out AFTER I bought an inline adjuster, which I still use for convenience.

c

Please follow the link below to find a selection of distributors that offer the Tribolube product line.
Thank you for your interest.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...ou-can-buy-tribolube.html?highlight=tribolube

I was speaking with Scubatools.com and they mentioned that they would be carrying it in a few more weeks which should make it next week, Feb 9. perhaps you can help to push the deal so I can hurry and place an order. I'm waiting on this so I can place one order with about 10 items, including Tribolube.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom