Scubapro Mark 5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine are cracking too.
GAB6UI.jpg

I just got two 109 covers from Rob at TSM. He has a variety of colors available should you wish to stand out amongst the 109 crowd. 😎
EoBYzT.jpg
How can I get a few of those silicone covers?

How can I get a few of those silicone covers?
Call/email Rob at The Scuba Museum. I think he may be out of town for the next week or so and the online store is currently closed for maintenance. But he will be back. 😁 Here is his website:

And what locks even better is the Tabata/Tusa/Oceanic/Tekna 99% clone of the Mark V. Better chrome, better build quaity and if you must the Scubapro yoke assembly fits right on and nobody will know you are not 100% a Scubapro! And all but the last had brass saddles that fit Scubapro and vice versa!

And BTW, the stories of Mark Vs embedding the knife edge into the seat are like 99.99999999999999999% false as this happened exactly once when some yahoo slammed the valve on and the piston over traveled. This cannot happen in normal use and especially those that later had a built in stop collar or an added on piston shaft collar. If somebody is like worried a meteor might fall out of the sky on them while they are chewing gum and patting their belly at the same time in a pink tutu. Meanwhile I personally have seen bent pins in Conshelfs for reasons not known exactly.

The design is an absolute thing of beauty.
Just the ingenious way they figured out how to make it balanced with no balancing chamber, just be design only. Absolutely simple and fool proof. No bent pins here!

The plastic saddles are junk. Find an older donor with the metal saddle or find a Tabata/Tusa/Oceanic/Tekna clone and then decide which to restore. The pistons, seats, springs, all the same including the saddle.

The plastic saddles are junk. Find an older donor with the metal saddle or find a Tabata/Tusa/Oceanic/Tekna clone and then decide which to restore. The pistons, seats, springs, all the same including the saddle.
Or find a really good machinist.
The cheap way would be to pop a few out of delrin.

Back
Top Bottom