Scubapro Mark 5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first MK5 (the current operating one) that Couv gave me originally had a plastic saddle on it. My dive shop gave me a metal saddle that was super nice so I put it on. This shouldn’t be a problem right? Not like the MK20 recall saga where the stem could break off?

My first MK5 (the current operating one) that Couv gave me originally had a plastic saddle on it. My dive shop gave me a metal saddle that was super nice so I put it on. This shouldn’t be a problem right? Not like the MK20 recall saga where the stem could break off?
I interchange mine all the time; however, I just found a crack in my plastic saddle so it is FUBAR. 😁

All my black plastic saddles are cracked on my other MK5’s sitting on the shelf waiting to be rebuilt. The 109’s that go with them all need black rubber diaphragm covers which is the hang up point.

All my black plastic saddles are cracked on my other MK5’s sitting on the shelf waiting to be rebuilt. The 109’s that go with them all need black rubber diaphragm covers which is the hang up point.
Mine are cracking too.
GAB6UI.jpg

I just got two 109 covers from Rob at TSM. He has a variety of colors available should you wish to stand out amongst the 109 crowd. 😎
EoBYzT.jpg

Are those covers 3D printed?
What material are they made out of?
I assume silicone and from a mold.

All put together.
IP locks up at 135 with one shim.
I like shiny things....

K6jQmL.jpg

MK5’s always lock up so nice!
And what locks even better is the Tabata/Tusa/Oceanic/Tekna 99% clone of the Mark V. Better chrome, better build quaity and if you must the Scubapro yoke assembly fits right on and nobody will know you are not 100% a Scubapro! And all but the last had brass saddles that fit Scubapro and vice versa!

And BTW, the stories of Mark Vs embedding the knife edge into the seat are like 99.99999999999999999% false as this happened exactly once when some yahoo slammed the valve on and the piston over traveled. This cannot happen in normal use and especially those that later had a built in stop collar or an added on piston shaft collar. If somebody is like worried a meteor might fall out of the sky on them while they are chewing gum and patting their belly at the same time in a pink tutu. Meanwhile I personally have seen bent pins in Conshelfs for reasons not known exactly.

Back
Top Bottom