Scubapro Luna: Offset adjustment recomended (?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genghis_khan

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
i recently replaced the battery on my Luna Computer, ever since I got the message "Offset adjustment recomended" whenever it turns on, and really cannot figure it out what it means. I did set again date and time after changing the battery (as recomended by manufacturer) and had re-read several times the user manual but cannot find anything about this. Have to say that computer is working without problems... Is just anoying to have this message everytime the computer turns on. Thanks for any advice in this issue!

Thanks, but that is not the problem the Luna adjust atomatically to the altitude level. Actually at the moment I'm about some 9000 ft above sea level and it works perfect. Last week diving at sea level was also flawless.

I guess I'll keep on trying to find what's going on. Cheers!

Thanks, but that is not the problem the Luna adjust atomatically to the altitude level. Actually at the moment I'm about some 9000 ft above sea level and it works perfect. Last week diving at sea level was also flawless.

No, actually, it does not. What it does is reads the atmospheric pressure and give you a calculated altitude from there. You should adjust your "sea level" setting every time you are actually at sea level, or to a known local altitude, before diving because the atmospheric pressure fluctuates.

http://www.scubapro.com/media/101606/galileo_luna_eng.pdf

See Para 2.5 on Page 22.

Were you at 9000ft altitude when you changed the battery? If yes, I would re-change the battery next time I went down to sea level.

Yes it adjusts automatically for diving but has a setting for accurate altitude.

From the manual-
2.5 AltimeterThis menu allows you to use Galileo asan altimeter. Upon entering this menu,the current altitude is displayed. Altitudeis interpreted by the computer from themeasured barometric pressure and, assuch, it is strongly dependent on theweather. Consequently, for accurate altitudemeasurements, the altimeter has to be setto a known altitude at least once a day.To set the altitude, first press ADJ to enterthe ADJUST ALTITUDE menu. Onceinside this menu, use the “+” or “–” buttonsuntil you reach the desired value. Each timeyou press “+” or “–”, the displayed altitudewill change in 10m/50ft increments. Press“SAVE” to confirm your choice and returnto the main Altimeter menu.F NOTE:The altitude shown in this menu hasno influence on the automatic altitudeadjustment in the decompressioncalculations.

Thanks to all for your replys! To the ones talking about altitude, yes... I know how it works and do the adjusment you mentioned. And no, I did not change battery at 9000 ft, it was at sea level and after a few days went up to the mountains.

At the moment I'm just back home from another week diving with Giant Mantas in Ecuador... The message stills appears every time I turn on the computer myself but it works perfectly fine. Still wondering what this message is about.

Back
Top Bottom