Scubapro Logtrak: import paper dives + windows version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thegios

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, over the years (although I am an IT person) I have never ever used a logbook software, for two reasons:
- I started 23 years ago with an Aladin X that required special cables + parallel port to import data into a very old version of Smartrak
- When I moved to a Galileo 12 years ago my PC had no infrared port

Since I lost my Galileo last week, I bought the new Luna 2.0 that has a friendly BT connection.

Question number 1: is there a Windows version for Logtrak or only smartphone? On website I only find the latest.
Question number 2: is there a way to prepare a well formatted file for importing into logtrak all my dives so far logged on paper? I know that lotrak can import from smartrak but couldn't find any info about smrtrack export format.

Thx

I use Subsurface which works with most dive computers, is free, has windows and phone apps, and even has an special tool to import from smartrak.

I use Subsurface which works with most dive computers, is free, has windows and phone apps, and even has an special tool to import from smartrak.
ok thanks I'll have a look.

but what about my dives only on paper: is there a way to write an xls or txt file manually to be imported in Subsurface?

but what about my dives only on paper: is there a way to write an xls or txt file manually to be imported in Subsurface?
As suggested, you can enter directly into Subsurface, but if you've got more than a handful of dives, it's probably easier to use Excel.

You can set up a table in Excel containing all the fields you want to include. Then, in Subsurface (Desktop version) you'll import and you'll need to align the data fields in Subsurface with the columns in Excel. I did this a while back. Overall, it worked pretty well, but I had to play around with the format of the Dive Time field to get it to display right. Once that was done, it was simple.

Hi, over the years (although I am an IT person) I have never ever used a logbook software, for two reasons:
- I started 23 years ago with an Aladin X that required special cables + parallel port to import data into a very old version of Smartrak

Since I lost my Galileo last week, I bought the new Luna 2.0 that has a friendly BT connection.

Question number 1: is there a Windows version for Logtrak or only smartphone? On website I only find the latest.
Question number 2: is there a way to prepare a well formatted file for importing into logtrak all my dives so far logged on paper? I know that lotrak can import from smartrak but couldn't find any info about smrtrack export format.

Thx

I have the logtrak for windows and android. I only use it for SP computer configuration and update. I use subsurface for everything else.

You can have a look at my software Diving Log. You can download the Luna via Bluetooth on Windows and you can enter your existing dives very easily in a Excel like table editor:

Attachments

• Table8.png
    Table8.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 14

Thx
There is a Windows version of LogTRAK.

LogTRAK does not support import of older dives through a formatted file.

There is much better dive log software available. I find that LogTRAK is only useful for configuration (like adding front screen owner, custom start-up picture, and emergency contact on G2). It is a very poor dive log solution in my opinion. A lot of people like SubSurface. I use an Apple Mac, so I use MacDive.

Honestly after 23 years I'm not really interest in logging my dives, if it's so complicated I'll use the app just to configure the computer 😁

50+ years diving, I log every single dive without exception. Dive log software that downloads the log from the dive computer makes it so easy especially with BT. It makes it inexcusable not to log.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom