Scubapro Lightning Jet sizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dstang65

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know what are the largest lightning jets available? I have a friend who has XL jet fins that he is selling in order to trade up to twin jets. I have an XL scubapro bootie and am using Veloce VCA fins currently, size XL which are supposedly 11-13, however I've tried on his fins and they never quite reach the middle of my heel, they are XL's but they say 11-12 on the box. Is there an XXL? They are at a great price and would hate to have to pass them up.

Dstang65,

IMHO, I wouldn't recomend them for open water diving, unless you have legs like Pan you will won't like them. There are better fins on the market that you would enjoy much better.

OTOH, If you are into the technical end of diving, overhead environment, then that's where they come into their own, strong fins, take little kick to make tight turns, slow strong kicks, frog kicks, flutter kicks etc.

As for size unless you have a foot the size of a Clydesdale or Shaq O'Neal then the XL will work with 99% of the drysuit booties. The XL is really big, LEG CRAMP CITY.

ID

SO why are they so well known?

Stang,
Maybe I was wrong in my recommendation. Lots of people use them, I have 2 sets. They are quite stiff but lots of people use them, the design has been around for a lot of years. I would try them out before purchasing them if you have the opportunity to do so.

ID

..........I've yet to find another fin that is as good.

Apollo Bios are the only split fin I've tried and while they are good, Jets are better IMHO.

If the fins reach the middle of your heel, they are too big. Jets end at the front of the heel.

Can they give you cramps? Yes, but then so can any fin.

WWW™

Thanks guys, I tried em out and they werent half bad, in fact I found them very effective. Once again you have all helped out immeasurably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom