Scubapro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn’t pay over $400.00 with Air2. About a week after I bought mine at my LDS one went for under $300.00 on Ebay. Someone will be doing the Knighthawk-Ebay-BP/Wing route and you can get a good deal.
I am very happy with mine,
Bill

wch once bubbled...
Someone will be doing the Knighthawk-Ebay-BP/Wing route and you can get a good deal.
I am very happy with mine,
Bill

You just summed up my life story....:D I still havent decided what im gonna do with my knighthawk.....its kinda hard to part with even though i no longer use it..:(

Edge once bubbled...
I would very much like to get the Knighthawk from you but I currently reside in Singapore, but if that doesn't bother you, I wear an M-sized BC I think. 5"9' and 170 pounds.

Geez.. sounds like something out of the personals.

How much you willing to sell it for though?

Mine is a size large.Its probably more of a hassle than what its worth to send overseas anyhow.Im a 6'1 200 lbs and a large fits me about right so you are probably correct on wearing a size medium.Besides i still havent decided to keep it or maybe ebay it.

Just checked Ebay's completed items and 1 med went for 400 and another for 355.
While I would like to try a BP/Wing I would probable just want one and that is not in the picture right now. It is nice to hear your reluctance to sell yours lal7176. I value mine more than 350 – 400 and will need to remain satisfied for a couple of years at least.
lal7176, for the fun of it could you give a brief comparison between the two?
Thanks, Bill

Well here it goes

I purchased my first knighthawk when they first came out.I had it for about a year and then sold it due to unforseen circumstances.Basically after serving some time in the army reserves and getting out,6 mos later i somehow got reinstated back into active duty for 1 year due to the Sept 11 events.

After i got back home and got settled i went back to my LDS and purchased another knighthawk.I have always liked my knighthawk and think its a great bc.About my only complaints are how the tank sits when you are out of the water.The bc seems to droop down and hang back.With a BP the tank is right there stuck to your back and not hanging down by your butt out of the water.The other thing i didnt care for are the adjustable harness straps that seem to loosen by themselves every once in a while.I will admit that the adjustable straps do make the knighthawk a little easier to get on and off but not by much.

So why did i change :confused:

Well thanks to pug and others on this board i discovered a diving style called DIR.Actually i dont know whether to hate them or thank them....... :eek:ut: . I know my bank acct hates them:blahblah:

Some of my other reason for changing over is that i wanted to use a cannister light without strapping it to my tank.I really liked how modular the BP/wing set up is.I have a place for my cannister light,my back up light attaches to my harness and tucks nicely under my arm,my lift bag tucks nicely into the backplate.The backplate is comfy and allows me to remove 6lbs off of my waist.The harness set up is really secure and quite comfortable.

Another big reason for the change was the option to dive doubles in the future without having to buy a whole another bc.I just really like how the whole DIR equip system fits together and is easily changed to fit your diving needs.Try placing a cannister light on a knighthawk along with a back up light,lift bag and its not near as clean as the BP/wing set up.

In the water my trim was really nice with the BP.My trim was usually ok with the knighthawk but didnt seem as stable or natural as my BP.The BP seems to glide throught the water really nice and never experienced any air trapping.I have noticed some air trapping from time to time with my knighthawk but nothing to bad that wasnt easily solved.

My opinion of the knighthwak is that it is probably one of the best bc's for somebody who is a recreational diver with no interrest in going into tech style of diving later.
The nice thing about my halcyon set up is that it is easily adapted for use as a open water rig and is easily adaptable for doubles,tech diving or whatever i desire to pursue.

Let me add that this is just my opinion and do not want to start another DIR war.DIR style of diving and gear works for me which is why i chose to switch over.Another big reason was the ability to expand my diving options as my experience grows using the same setup with some minor changes.

that I would be willing to sell.

It has about 15 dives on it and is in perfect condition. It has a regular power inflator on it (not the Air2) and I have also added a small knife and sheath right on top of one of the ditchable pockets - extremely convenient to get to and its a perfect fit there.

If interested let me know in a PM what you'd be willing to pay for it....

I've used it once or twice. It's a quite well rounded bc, although I thought for a back inflate bc it was quite bulky. The weight pouches are kind of a pain to use, but over all it was a nice bc, but for the same price you can get a backplate and wings bc which will elimiate most of the bulkyness and if that is too much money the zegal ranger is a great bc for the price and it is less bulky than the scubapro, just try them and see which one you like.

Tekkie

I've owned one for about a year, now, and love it. I don't understand the bulkiness comment. It's an awesome bc. Very comfortable. If I were to change anything, It would be bigger pockets, and a coupla more d-rings. ScubaPro has the best tank strap/buckle in the business, rock solid. Not knocking BP/wings, or Rangers, I'm just a SP fan.:D

I own one and think it is a good bc.I purchased one and used it for about 4mos with 8 dives then i got this wild hair and decided i wanted to dive doubles so i purchased a bp/wing.Right now i am diving singles on my halcyon bp and havent used my knighthawk since.Ill be buying a explorer wing soon so i can dive doubles.If your interrested in buying an almost new knighthawk size XL with an AIR2 let me know.I might decide to sell mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom