Scubapro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
Yes... another question from Murdock!

I have a KnightHawk BC, which I like and all but I have no idea where to put a BC knife. I'm thinking somehow put it above the integrated weights, but trying to screw it on would be really a chore! The only other option is putting it on the Air2 hose. Anyone have one of these and come up with other clever ideas?

If you've never seen one, here it is!

http://www.scubapro.com/consumer/pr...knighthawk.html

I have a Zeagle Ranger BC and I mount mine on my inflater hose and it works awesome. It doesn't get in my way at all and it is real easy to grab.

I have one zip-tied to my corrugated hose. I put it there because I didn't empty the box well enough to find the inflator hose attchment thingy! It's out of the way and useable with one hand.

I also keep a pair of shears on my right shoulder strap. Monofiliment line is a b**ch to cut with any kind of knife and/or line cutter and the shears just snip right through.

My advice is try not to put your knife at the inflator hose. It can be dangerous when surge is present and you are trying to secure the knife back to the holster. Especially knives with sharp point. You surely do not want to take chances with your neck.

By the way, there are some foldable dive knives available, I think it's quite practical, storing it in the BC is simple but make sure it has a lanyard to secure it on D-rings.

Actually after reading Dee's post that's actually how I have mine. I have it mounted to the oral inflater corrugated hose and not the auto inflator hose. I don't dive in rough surge and my knife is just a little blunt tip Wenoka Squeeze Lock knife so I'm not worried about cutting hoses or injuring myself.:D

Originally posted by GP
Actually after reading Dee's post that's actually how I have mine. I have it mounted to the oral inflater corrugated hose and not the auto inflator hose. I don't dive in rough surge and my knife is just a little blunt tip Wenoka Squeeze Lock knife so I'm not worried about cutting hoses or injuring myself.:D

Me too, GP. My diving doesn't consist of surgy shore dives and the positioning works great for me. Salty's point is a good one, tho.

Where I live there is one LDS, which is staffed by some really nice people, but... they want over $800.00 after tax for a Knighthawk. On a different thread multiple people said they bought one around $360.00, if anyone knows where I can get one for that please let me know.
Thanks!

It's $540 in Portland, OR (no tax). I read it too about $360 for Knighthawk-just a joke, I guess or a wholesale price (if you buy over 25). Wish to get one for $360...

Thanks, I went back to my LDS and was able to get them to come down below $600.00. While I didn't save much there, I was able to get two tanks - SP 95's for $550.00. Still a boat load of $, but I have got everything else off of the net, Regs, Computer, Fins,ect.. so I quess I am doing my part to support my LDS with the BC and tanks.
The real kick in the pants is there have been a couple of Knighthawks that have been sold on Ebay since I got mine for right around $400.00. Again I hope I bought a LOT of good will.
Regards,
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom