Scubapro Jetfins Size Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cashew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I picked up a pair of Scubapro jetfins XL with spring straps because I needed new fins to fit my drysuit boots.

I have a DUI TLS350 with the new Turbo Tec Soles (which are apparently just like the turbo soles except they have an extra 3mm layer of kevlar on them - see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dui/438476-new-tec-turbo-sole.html). I also have a high arch on my foot, which means that I need a tall foot pocket but not necessarily a wider pocket.

My street shoe size is a 7.5 - 8 US women's. With a pair of thick wool socks, it seems like my tec soles fit my XL jetfins pretty well....at the start of the dive. But about 20-25 minutes into the dive (max depth ~75 ft), the fins start feeling like they are a little bit big on my feet and might "slip off" if I flutter kick.

I figure the compression at depth is causing my shoe/insulation to shrink a bit, but I am wondering if I should size down in my fins to compensate for this? My fear is that I won't be able to fit into the foot pocket if I size down to the L since they seem to fit pretty snugly in the XLs at the start of the dive.

Jet fins are known for their horrible foot pocket. I was told that Scubapro wanted to make a foot pocket that would only accommodate a scubapro boot and nothing else. They accomplished that somewhat because firstly I could not fit into my drysuit boot so I had to buy new fins for my drysuit. Secondly I could not fit into my wetsuit booties either because they were too big for the Jet fin pocket. I ended up buying a Scubapro boot and now they fit perfectly. I sort of lost respect for Scubapro as a company and would recommend their competitor OMS-Slipstream.

I wear a size 8 DS boot although I think not as heavy as your boot, I wore a size L jet. The XL jet was too big. Agree with Cap Sinbad, the foot pocket is horrible. I switched to a small Mares Power Plana and couldn't be happier.

It is NOT about bad food pocket on jets here. XL jets are too big for Women size 8 with turbo sole. I think a pair of L will fit better. I use XL for Men's 8.5, cold water, thick socks. XL is just borderline fit/too big.

Back
Top Bottom