Scubapro Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received the Mares Avanti Quattro + and they fit great. I am going to test them out Sunday, I will be going to Fire Coral Cave and Permit Ledge in Key Largo. I will also be testing my new HOG D3, HOG Zenith second stage and my Oceanic Pro Plus 3 DC. VERY EXCITED!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone!!!

Last edited:
Yes. They are the single best fin for all purpose (at least for me) and I will prefer them over all this plastic that everyone else here is recommending. I used to have a collection of what everyone is suggesting and I ended up selling all of it on ebay and now the only fin I have is Jets and I have two pairs.

I've watched the Mares Avanti Quattro fins in action and they appear to have an efficient, well-designed blade. I'm not so sure about the foot pocket though. Can you get them on with a pair of 7mm booties?

The original Jet Fins were rather stiff for a beginner. Then they came out with the Lightning Jet Fins (lightning bolt through the SP insignia) which are more flexible, and ideal for me. Now they are made somewhere in Indonesia or Asia and I don't know what they are made out of. They all seem to have the lightning bolt now but I haven't swam with them so it's a mystery to me. I'd say go with something not too stiff and follow some people through swim-throughs and along the sandy bottom. If they are kicking up a bunch of sand put those fins on the Do Not Buy list.

Unfortunately most places I've been don't seem to rent premium fins so trying them out first might not be an option. But after five decades of diving, and trying many different fins, I prefer the Size Large Lightning Jet Fins from the 70s. I'm 65 with some arthritis in my knees and stiff arteries in my legs and to me they are just right. I figure if you practice with them for a couple of weeks you'll build up the necessary muscles if you don't have them already.

I received the Mares Avanti Quattro + and they fit great. I am going to test them out Sunday, I will be going to Fire Coral Cave and Permit Ledge in Key Largo. I will also be testing my new HOG D3, HOG Zenith second stage and my Oceanic Pro Plus 3 DC. VERY EXCITED!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone!!!

Juan, you made the right choice. Jets are fine for cold water divers diving dry or with a thick wetsuit. For South Florida recreational diving, your diving wet at most. You want a lighter neutral fin.

Hello, I am considering buying Scubapro Jet Fins. Do you think these are good for a beginner?
Is there another kind?

Back
Top Bottom