ScubaPro Jet Fins made in Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was having a hard time letting this go so took it up with the ScubaPro dealer where I bought the Taiwanese Jets, who in turn took it up with ScubaPro Japan who admitted they are aware that the US and Taiwanese versions are different, "not as thick" was the phrase they used. A different line than the ScubaPro rep here on SB who said they were the same, someones telling fibs or is unaware. Cut a ling story short they took the fins back and refunded my money. It's a little disappointing and worrying that ScubaPro USA and ScubaPro Japan seem to have different opinions/information about these fins. But opinions aside I know first hand they are not the same.

Is that still true ?
Someone is offering to sell me Jet Fins in the UK for 50 GBP but they are made in Taiwan.

Did they solve the issue ?

Is that still true ?
Someone is offering to sell me Jet Fins in the UK for 50 GBP but they are made in Taiwan.

Did they solve the issue ?

I don't think it was ever deemed an "issue" so I highly doubt anything has changed. Happy to be corrected if anyone has any further information.

I don't think it was ever deemed an "issue" so I highly doubt anything has changed. Happy to be corrected if anyone has any further information.
It seems that in the UK you find a mix of Taiwan and US made.

Managed to get a pair from the US.

Unfortunately I am not rich enough to buy a pair of both just to know the answer to this question :)

I have a buddy who has a pair of Jets I’ll check if they are Taiwan made and compare :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom