Scubapro Jet Fin size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KGNickl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have size 11 Bare Trek boots that I use with my drysuit. Right now I use M-L (men 9-13) Deep Outdoors Six Gill fins w/ my normal henderson boots. The Trek boots however are too big for use with the Six Gill fins. I've decided to buy a set of Scubapro Jet fins. Anyone have any idea if I'll need XL or XXL size fins? Worst case scenario is if no one knows I'll just buy XL, try them and exchange them if they are too small. Thanks

Kidspot put together a chart on Jets/Turtles/etc. to gauge fin sizing with various boot models and sizes. Start here and follow the Bare link.

That may not help yopu much as I think he only references turtles for a size 11 Trek.

I have size 10 Whites EVO3's and find they work fine with either a XXL Jet Fin or an XXL OMS Slipstream. The XXL Jet fins are slightly on the large size and I prefer the XXL Slipstreams, but I think both would work well with size 11's "rock" boots of what ever brand.

The Slipsteream fins are a monoprene version of the Jet Fin and are lighter and stiffer, but swim nearly identically in the water with the main differences being less negative buoyancy and a slightly better back kick due to the stiffer blade.

I have size 11 Bare Trek boots that I use with my drysuit. Right now I use M-L (men 9-13) Deep Outdoors Six Gill fins w/ my normal henderson boots. The Trek boots however are too big for use with the Six Gill fins. I've decided to buy a set of Scubapro Jet fins. Anyone have any idea if I'll need XL or XXL size fins? Worst case scenario is if no one knows I'll just buy XL, try them and exchange them if they are too small. Thanks

Hope this helps. I wear size 14 DUI Rockboots. This requires XXL Jet Fins with the XL (12 inch) Scubapro spring straps. :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
I'lll chime in as well since I physically went down to the LDS and tried on the XS scuba turtles and Scubapro Jetfins...

I have a size 9 DUI rockboot and left with the XL jetfin. The XXL was way too huge, I could easily get my boot in there but there was movement from side to side. The XL was a super tight fit that needed silicone spray to get it to go on easily.

I then had them measure my back heel to determine the correct spring to purchase. Scubapro makes the 10 inch and the 12 inch springs. The 10 inch is what everyone usually goes with and that is way too tight, you will have a next to impossible time getting it on or off during a shore dive.

The 12 inch gives you that much more play and is still plenty snug on the boot that will secure the fin doesn't move at all during the dive.

I'm picking up the springs at the end of this week and will post the results here for others to match up their boots.

MG

Back
Top Bottom