ScubaPro Jet Fin and DUI Rock Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

longraven

Reaction score
Some of you may have had a similar problem with getting your rock boot to fit in the fin pocket of your ScubaPro Jet Fins.

A diver in Finland wrote he heated the fin pocket up and stuffed a block inside to stretch it. He said that technique worked perfectly.

I was skeptical to try that method since I would be more likely to burn a hole right through the pocket.

I embarked on an adventure...With my other half’s sacrificial pair of Jet fins (I wasn't going to use my own), my trusty dremel tool, a cutting wheel and pre-drawn template, I set to work.

2 hours later, yeah buddy! It worked great. Test dive tomorrow. Check the pics out (separate posts). Hope this helps some of you who are in a similar predicament. If you can offer any criticisms that would be helpful.

Annie:D

Whatcha gonna wear with your wetsuit now though?

longraven once bubbled...
See anything that would prevent this from working?
I'd be worried about loss of stability, but I think what you've done would still be more stable than Turtles.

I ended up dumping the rock boots and backing off on the footwear. I now leave the Weezle booties at home, slip my bare foot directly into the TLS sock, and then put a standard ScubaMax size 12 bootie over the dry sock.
My H. gators slip just over the top edge of the bootie and keep water out, as well as protect the zipper, and the XL jets fit perfectly.

I really enjoy getting the ankle flexibility back that I lost when I started diving dry. I fought those rock boots and Turtles for WAY too long.

RichLockyer once bubbled...

I'd be worried about loss of stability, but I think what you've done would still be more stable than Turtles.

I ended up dumping the rock boots and backing off on the footwear. I now leave the Weezle booties at home, slip my bare foot directly into the TLS sock, and then put a standard ScubaMax size 12 bootie over the dry sock.
My H. gators slip just over the top edge of the bootie and keep water out, as well as protect the zipper, and the XL jets fit perfectly.

I really enjoy getting the ankle flexibility back that I lost when I started diving dry. I fought those rock boots and Turtles for WAY too long.

Hey Rich, That's exactly what I do. Booties over the neoprene sock part of my TLS350. Works beautifully!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom