ScubaPro Jet Fin and DUI Rock Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never had a problem with my Rock Boots and Turtles. I can do all the kicks in my turtles and rockboots that I can in my wetsuit and jetfins. Someone please explain what the problem is with rock boots and turtles..

FWIW, I have size 11 rock boots and there is no slop in the turtle foot pocket..

RichLockyer once bubbled...

I'd be worried about loss of stability, but I think what you've done would still be more stable than Turtles.

I ended up dumping the rock boots and backing off on the footwear. I now leave the Weezle booties at home, slip my bare foot directly into the TLS sock, and then put a standard ScubaMax size 12 bootie over the dry sock.
My H. gators slip just over the top edge of the bootie and keep water out, as well as protect the zipper, and the XL jets fit perfectly.

I really enjoy getting the ankle flexibility back that I lost when I started diving dry. I fought those rock boots and Turtles for WAY too long.

I was worried about loss of stability and or changing the mechanics of the fin as well. There is more flexibility on the side edges of the opening that concerns me but the boot in the pocket seems to neutralize that issue. When my new TLS is done I'll most likely do something similar to what you are doing. Thanks for the ideas.

Annie

See anything that would prevent this from working?
Nope, your mods looks like it should work out OK.
As far as rock boot vs wetsuit bootie, try 'em & see which works best for you.

Bob3 once bubbled...

Nope, your mods looks like it should work out OK.
As far as rock boot vs wetsuit bootie, try 'em & see which works best for you.

I really like the boots. The TLS comes with the basic neoprene boot that has a thin rubber sole. Not sure bout that.

Annie

O-ring once bubbled...
Whatcha gonna wear with your wetsuit now though?

Wetsuit! Did you say wet suit? I'm a chicken when it comes to cold water which in San Diego we get a lot of. Okay, wait, it's not Lake Huron or Alaska but 49 on the bottom is cold.

But to answer your question, when I do dive in 70+ I'll wear my Sea Soft hard soles with my extra pair of Jets that aren't modified. The fit okay.

Annie

Bob3 once bubbled...
Had me scared there, thought for a minute you split them down the middle & made lace-ups out of them. :wink:

For entertainment sake, I dare you to post that idea (lace up jets) on the GUE board. Then just sit back and watch the storm. Dare ya...Don't make me go triple dog dare.:wink:

I wear a size 10 rockboot and recently purchased some XL jetfins. From what I have read here and on other boards about half the people with 10 rockboots say the XL jets fit great and the other half say they are to small.

Mine seem to fit pretty good (havent been able to dive them yet though) and I stuffed the boots with newpaper and push the boots in as far as I can to stretch the foot pockets. I try to push the boots in alittle bit further every 24 hours or so(been doing this for about 3 days) and so far I have gained about a 1" to 1.5". I have not heated the foot pockets but the thought has crossed my mind. Not sure I will need to though.

O-ring once bubbled...
Whatcha gonna wear with your wetsuit now though?

I remember seeing somewhere [maybe the DUI website] about neoprene socks; specifically to wear your rockboots w/ wetsuits.

Anyone do this?

maverick7593 revealed...
I wear a size 10 rockboot and recently purchased some XL jetfins.

Mine seem to fit pretty good

Thanks... I think you just solved the dilemma I've been having [size 9].

longraven once bubbled...
For entertainment sake, I dare you to post that idea (lace up jets) on the GUE board. Then just sit back and watch the storm. Dare ya...Don't make me go triple dog dare.:wink:

Even better.... find an old pair of medium jetfins [since that size is basically worthless]; make some, and post pictures to the list!

Picked up some XL jet fins today and so far so good -- have managed to stuff size 13 rock boots in to the end of the pocket. I'll dive them soon + see if the feet are going to complain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom