Scubapro is changing their tank buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The shop I work for had a staff meeting the other night with a rep from Scubapro and he was going over new gear (I bought some new gear :D )and he was telling us how they are "updating" the cinch lock system so that it's easier to adjust. Apparently it's going to work something like a seatbelt. Why the hell would they mess with perfection? :bonk:

wetlettuce once bubbled...
Hi

Its probably looking a little old fashioned compared to all the nice plastic fasteners and quick releases out there.

At least the Halcyon ones will still be available.

I hate the plastic buckles! I can't tell you how many times I have seen tanks slip out because of those damn things being strung wrong (and in some cases right!)

Agree, those plastic things suck. I can't imagine why SP would want to screw with the bands they have. There are none better, and I replaced my Halcyons with them.

Phil

Actually, the other day i was working at my brother's scuba shop and a lady came in and she said she hated the scuba pro strap cuz it was hard to adjust and it would come loose while diving. I'm not sure how they are cuz i dont have a scuba pro bc, but this is probably a good thing, i doubt scuba pro would make something worse than they already have.

if you own your own tank the sp buckle is great - if you end up renting different tanks each dive a pain in the a***!

reminds me I must dig mine out for next week as my bc was last used for twins...

what's the French system? Considering where sp comes from that sounds like a likely route....

Jonathan

I've seen and used lots of different tank straps over the years. The Scubapro is the easiest to adjust and the most secure of any I've ever tried. I'll keep an open mind on the new design because I've yet to see it, but I thought it was already perfect.

Walter once bubbled...
The Scubapro is the easiest to adjust and the most secure of any I've ever tried. I thought it was already perfect.

Walter,

I second your motion on being the easiest to adjust and most secure. You know when you flip the lever on the current SP buckle that your tank ain't moving and I don't know how you can make any tank band system that is simpler than the current SP system.

There some things I don't like about SP equipment but the buckle isn't one of them.

Rickg

I've been using the ScubaPro buckles for years without incident. (I have seen buckles come undone underwater though...probably user error.)

However, last week I ordered a Halcyon Pioneer 27lbs setup that came with the "Get a Grip" tank bands. I'm extremely impressed. I actually like them better than the ScubaPros. They are easy to adjust and seem to grip the tank better. The velco seems like it would prevent accidental openings. Very well made.

Back
Top Bottom