Scubapro hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have question what is the size difference fit wise between the medium and large men's hydro's fit wise? Is the torso longer with the large than the medium? Is the difference negligible?

Mostly in the waist. Shoulder straps are longer too. It’s not negligible.

Thanks! I have a medium it fits good. I was just wondering if a large would fit lower on the waist.

If you’re worried about that, make or buy a crotch strap. Don’t get a new BCD.

No. You'll be fine. I doubt ScubaPro is making seven different sizes but is rather just slapping some pink on the chart and calling it women's.

On another note, I love my hydros.
I saw a SP video where they explained the difference in straps between male and female. Can’t wait to try mine out in a week.

I just wanna say I really like my Hydro BC. It's very comfortable doesn't slop around when under the water. Easy on easy off. Just a great design

I saw a SP video where they explained the difference in straps between male and female. Can’t wait to try mine out in a week.

You're going to love it. I've customized mine considerably with larger d-rings, revised shoulder straps (replaced the lower straps with super-stiff webbing and moved the connection points farther back on the waist strap), and small weight pockets I can move around on the travel harness.

Now I want to go float in the pool.

hows your hydros holding up? I’ve read several posts on these boards stating the shoulder straps cracking or breaking with only about 20-30 dives in.
That happened, but ScubaPro replaced those within warranty. Shouldn't happen on the new models

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom