Scubapro hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
does anyone know if Males are able to use Female size Hydros Pros? I've been in search of used ones and mostly I see are female sizes. Looking at the size chart I do fall into the Height and weight range for womens medium, but it has left lift compared to the male version. not sure if that will cause an issue.
SCP_support_hydros.png

No. You'll be fine. I doubt ScubaPro is making seven different sizes but is rather just slapping some pink on the chart and calling it women's.

On another note, I love my hydros.

Women’s medium probably mens medium cummerbund with men’s small shoulder strap and bladder.

No. You'll be fine. I doubt ScubaPro is making seven different sizes but is rather just slapping some pink on the chart and calling it women's.

On another note, I love my hydros.

hows your hydros holding up? I’ve read several posts on these boards stating the shoulder straps cracking or breaking with only about 20-30 dives in.

I've read the same but have not had any issues whatsoever in over 3 years. I don't pamper my gear, either.
Just be sensible and it will last a lifetime. You'll find that most of those issues are from some time ago.

Over 400 dives on my original. Still diving fine. Yes, I changed straps in the beginning. Pretty solid BC.

Have only had it for 9 months but love my hydro. No issues.

I have question what is the size difference fit wise between the medium and large men's hydro's fit wise? Is the torso longer with the large than the medium? Is the difference negligible?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom