Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD - Monoprene attachment hole ripped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makaha,
what do you mean by "kidney pads for the weight pockets"? I have a Hydros Pro and have no idea what you mean. I must be missing these parts on mine.
I have done over 200 dives on this BCD and only had the shoulder monoprene covering the shoulder straps replaced once. All good since then and that includes BCD being hauled out the water by the straps.

Makaha,
what do you mean by "kidney pads for the weight pockets"? I have a Hydros Pro and have no idea what you mean. I must be missing these parts on mine.
I have done over 200 dives on this BCD and only had the shoulder monoprene covering the shoulder straps replaced once. All good since then and that includes BCD being hauled out the water by the straps.

It’s the monoprene where the integrated weight pockets slide into. (Yes you do have the option of removing those parts and just use the travel straps). I was in the same boat as you and hope you fare better as you keep diving... This third set of replacement shoulder straps that I am getting should be the newer version though. I won’t know how durable it’ll be this time since I don’t rec dive very often anymore. Good luck!

Registered just to share this, I would not have found out about this problem if it wasn't for you guys.

I received the revised straps and swapped them out myself. Here are side by side pictures. They basically added a hard plastic piece to reinforce the area where the pin attaches the monoprene strap to the back plate.

I just bought HP 02.12.2019. online and it already delivered with the new reinforced part. ((production date is 19/12/18.))

My fix

Attachments

• HydrosPro.jpg
    HydrosPro.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 139
This is a design issue. I don't think replacement can really fix it.
I believe my dyneema line should last much longer than a new shoulder strap.

Marcel

Hey man can you come do that to my scubapor computer wrist bands

full

That's one in the bag and one out of the bag

I had exactly the same problem with weight pocket monoprene tearing. Could not get them replaced under warranty and bought new ones. Used the travel straps instead and still doing so
as find the weight pockets rather bulky. Put my issue down to removing bcd with weights still in the pockets when in a rush to attend to students.

Also had the shoulder strap issue as mine is1st gen hydros.
I think its over engineered and now 4 years later knowing what I do I would not consider buying one and just go for a simple wing/backplate set up.
When it dies, I'm getting a wing & back plate to save all the messing and back to basics.

Put my issue down to removing bcd with weights still in the pockets...
If pulling the BCD off a tank without removing integrated weights first is excessive use, not durable enough for me.

I keep wondering if they'll put out a Hydros Pro 2 that's what the original should have been.

If pulling the BCD off a tank without removing integrated weights first is excessive use, not durable enough for me.

I keep wondering if they'll put out a Hydros Pro 2 that's what the original should have been.
Maybe like most things, the first model always needs upgrades to a series 2.

I think mine tore because I took the bcd kit off with the weights still in pockets on numerous occasions. Also this caused the shoulder strap issue too. At least I learnt a lesson to baby it otherwise more expense on replacement parts. I also used the ninja pocket and then there thigh pocket but this fell apart very quickly. Just use tech shorts now for pockets unless in a DS. I've about 400 dives in it now and the rest still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom